Persistent VERY slow x10hosting server response for past three days

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1.p183

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a simple PHP/mysql registration and email confirmation script I'm working on until three days ago it was working fine.
Before this I had not logged in for a while and the only thing that seems to have changed at the x10 end is the HRU policy.

Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post when I post form data in a query string to my script now the server sends the waiting for... message and then doesn't actually respond for about another 40 -50 seconds ! Then I receive the expected response from my script but after the very long delay.

I've gone through my script frequently over the past few days and can't find anything wrong. In fact I was getting so frustrated I uploaded the script to a different server to make sure the script was really not the cause and was relieved that it worked as before and without any delays in the response.

At the same time, the php mail function has stopped working (and again - I tried this on a different server and all worked as expected) but I should say this is a separate issue from the server delay because I removed the php email code from my script and still have the strange delays.

I don't want to try endlessly looking for a solution if this is because of the new resource limit policy but I don't understand it if it is because before the delays I was only using a few seconds of resources while testing.

I would be really grateful if someone could give me a clue as to any issues at x10hosting that may be the cause of this.

ps: Apart from this I love x10hosting.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ps: Apart from this I love x10hosting.
Thank You for that.
Kindly understand that X10hosting is sorting the High Resource and server load issues one by one.
Currently the support is actively dealing with wordpress plugins as wordpress is very very widely used and certain basic plugins are heavy too.
The thread is mentioned below.
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/168961-wordpress-plugins.html
The resource load is calculated according to the following
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/168641-hru-high-resource-usage-policy-change.html
Thus if you can calculate how much can script use, accordingly you can tweak it.
Alternatively, you can ask for a resource check request to the hosting but this would take some time as you know the x10 support team is really busy with similar requests and is doing one after other...for example the wordpress plugin issues.
Kindly stay focused on above threads and get updates.

f1.p183

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think from what you say it would probably be best if I wait a few days and then come back and check things again. I must admit though I'm a little worried that you provide a link to the HRU policy and suggest that's it's possible to tweak a script after calculating how much it uses.

My point is that before the HRU policy was introduced the script was responding instantly. ie: Only using one or two seconds in the very few instances that I tried it and I know from that I wouldn't have been reaching the resource limit in a week, let alone an hour ! Now (without changing the script) it is using more resources which proves to me the long response time is not because of the script. (I mean.. when reading/writing a mysql database to register a user what I'm seeing is one single registration, take 40-50 seconds that before used 1 second of resource time.

You mentioned plug ins. I'm only accessing a mysql database but is that a "plugin" and is it likely that a single transaction (that before took a second to complete may now take 40-50 seconds ? I'm only asking because I'm worried that maybe it's not that the resources I'm using are too much, but that priorities are being allocated by the server to different resources differently.

Anyway, I appreciate the reply. I will check back in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.