The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

wongers

Reaction score
im about 5 hours in to this game and i havent even finished the 2nd mission yet, im havnig too much fun running around exploring and collecting stuff!! i can see why they said this game should an average gamer 300 hours!!

garrette

Reaction score
It's okay. I personally had much more fun with oblivion than I did with skyrim.
  • They shortened main questlines. I hate that. I loved the main quests and guilds in oblivion, and I completed them several times; they were fun. Skyrim shortens the amount of quests, and how complicated and scripted the events actually are.
  • Along with the above, the end of the game was a let down. You finish the last quest, then what? You spawn on top of the mountain and watch several dragons flee, and then nothing. I would have liked some kind of conclusion, maybe a bonus for your character for completing it? Such as the armor in oblivion? But no, you are left to wonder what you actually get for doing that whole questline.

There are several things I disliked about skyrim, and after completing the game twice, I sold it. However, I completed Oblivion several times, and still own the game now. I actually was playing it right before I read this. Why? I believe this game was much better put together. Skyrim has so much to do, and some of it feels like work. I don't want to mine or cut wood, nor do I want to waste time smelting and creating crap. Oblivion was simple, Skyrim got complicated.

I think skyrim became more of a simulator than a game, and became less fun and more work. It was cool at first, but after a while I just became aggravated. Not saying it's bad, but I don't believe it was nearly as good as Oblivion.

blacky

Reaction score
I've been staying away from Skyrim after my friends have been saying about them spending like 17 hours in front of it.

Had I been atleast 5 years younger, I'd be all over it.