The computer/setup infront of you..

krofunk

Reaction score
Put a photo of your computer up here and a small description of why you set it up the way you did.

..Me first
desktop.png
I have recently moved house, and I couldn't bring my old desk so I have this old white one. I like the dual displays, it keeps media players and test pages out of the way. Printer and Sub woofer are a must have and the Tower is to the side because it just didn't fit...I have a Wii, a PS3 and an XBOX 360 in its place.

wongers

Reaction score
well my set up at work looks cool, but its not, it REALLY isnt. its horrible lol. its a Citrix Thin Client. my set up at home is the shiz but it looks messy and boring.

ill priobs upload a pic of my home set up at some point, i do like the part where i have a 23" LCD and a 42" TV (using HDMI) hooked up to it ;-) - but other than that, nothing special. quite dated really.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No pictures cause my camera ain't working (user problem, I can't find the cable to pull the pictures off of it and I'm too cheap to buy a new one), but 42" tv on top of my dad's old desk which we modded to hold an old stereo I have, rolling cart to the right with my main PC ("Bumblebee") on top, next shelf down is the surge protector and 360, bottom shelf for the printer. My keyboard/mouse are on an old desk since there's no room in front of the TV to put them (and that'd be WAY too close to the screen to be comfortable); depending if I need it, I have enough space behind the keyboard to put my Asus Eee PC Touch (netbook with a touchscreen basically) behind it either for semi-dual screening, or more often to put a movie on in the background while I use the 42" to program.

As for why it's set up this way? Cause it was what was available and cheap. I'd love to redesign the entire setup, but doing so would need me to buy new desks and shelving units, and furniture's not particularly inexpensive for the good stuff anymore.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This photo is almost a year old taken shortly after the new LCD monitors arrived and since then the desk has aquired a little more general office type clutter. Desk was custom built years ago to accomodate the wieght of five 15" CRT screens (4 regular ones and an iMac with the twin towers underneath) back in the day when we were using salvaged & scrap hardware to run things.

z1111.jpg

Attachments

• z1111.jpg
    z1111.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 24