Setting Up Web Seed or Seed Box With X10 - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wifiber

Reaction score
I know when people think of torrents they think of piracy, but I am just talking about torrents in general... Not illegal content.

Is it possible to set up a dedicated web seed with x10hosting? If yes, is it allowed by the x10hosting terms of service/use to do so?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

BUMP

I have not seen anything about it in the Terms of Use, my self. But I would like confirmation.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

Ummmm, no, you can't.

wifiber

Reaction score
I am not talking about torrentflux or rapid leech though.

I am talking about web seeding. Meaning if I have a torrent for something but if I am not seeding it, it will still have an HTTP server to back it up so the user can still download without the "peers" going dead (a lot of Linux distributions and freeware games do this, which is what I was hoping to do this with). So... It's basically like regular direct download but is backing torrent data.

Not an actual torrent script with web interface like those other scripts.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service

The free hosting accounts are for web sites. Not for storing files.

wifiber

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm not using it as a file storage either. I'm asking about a very specific service, but I'm not seeing it specified in the Terms of Service so far.
Also, the seeding would be relevant to the content on the website, if that makes a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.