Missing Plugin

ianh41399

Reaction score
Hello, I have noticed a missing-plugin sign whenever I open a game on my site. This only happens in chrome and when I go to play other games they work fine. I have also tried to open the games in multiple locations. Please help. My website is at http://mpm.x10.mx

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Which game is causing the problem? If it's all of the games on your site, then you don't have the Flash plugin for Chrome installed. If it's a single game, then perhaps there's another plugin required for that (perhaps for a background soundtrack or something).

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Not knowing exactly which game caused the problem, are you forgetting a mime type? I do that all the time, making the "Plugin missing" icon appear in some browsers because they do not know how to intrepret the file without knowing what type of file it is, and they don't rely on the extension, instead looking for a mime type.

Look anywhere in the code for the game for a TYPE attribute. It should have something to do with the type of game, or even embed object, the file is. Even if it was an mp3, you would need a mime type, like "audio/mpeg". I will list some popular mime types here:
Flash game: application/x-shockwave-flash
Shockwave game: application/x-director
Java game: just use the <applet> tag
Unity game: application/vnd.unity
Virtools/3d Life/3dvia Player game: application/x-virtools
Beta/Studio/3dvia Player game: application/x-3dvia-mpweb

Hope this helps!