404 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylyn

Reaction score
I'm trying to access my newly created website and when I typed my url like, "something.x10.mx" 404 page appeared and when I tried "something.x10.mx/index.php or index.html" same thing happen. How to make it work?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Index.html Is nOT tHE SaME as index.html

except in the fantasy world of Microsoft Windowz

In addition, you seem to have some strange redirect involving Google that actually tries to go to yoursite.com/www.google.com , which also gives a 404 error.

Last edited:

jaylyn

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried Index.html and index.html and it doesn't work. Please Help me to start my Website. I can't Even start, I only put the basic HTML code in there to try if my Index.html works but I can't see it and I got an error 404. Anyone?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Something is causing a redirect to a non-existent page. Since it happens with a .html page, my guess would be that it is your .htaccess to blame.

Please print the contents here.

wifiber

Reaction score
Is it possible that you deleted or altered the public_html folder? Because when I was new to this sort of thing that's what I did and I kept getting an error.

Also, did you upload all of your things OUTSIDE of the public_html directory or remove everything from it?

Just listing some possibilities or minor issues where something might have been changed/deleted to cause it...

jaylyn

Reaction score
Nope, i did not alter or delete any files, it was still the default and i still get that error

kloadx10

Reaction score
Remove all the files from public_html and upload your new files if it still doesn't work then please let me know.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Enable hidden files in your FileManager.

Open .htaccess

Post contents here.

You might also want to post the contents of Index.html

EDIT/ADD:

Want to explain why you have a javascript redirect from Index.html that attempts to send the visitor to Google?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.