Can't see myself in Workgroup.

focus

Reaction score
For some reason these past 2 days I am unable to see myself or any other computers at home in the Workgroup...
I did not change anything and I checked the IP's on my computer and they seem to be fine.
I also reset the router but it resolve anything...
The firewall is disabled.

my ipconfig results are as below:
http://squidg.x10hosting.com/untitled.JPG

I have internet access which is shared i just can't see other computers and their files.

I realized that the PS3 can detect the Media Server when i run it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Shut down each device in the network, then reboot the router. From that point, power up each device one at a time, allow them to broadcast their presence to the network, and then bring up another machine. Be sure to double check the Firewalls just to be sure, and try connecting to shares on the PC directly to see if Windows File Sharing is in fact able to speak to another machine.

Have you been able to use Workgrouping and sharing in the past on your network?

Last edited:

focus

Reaction score
I tried all that and nothing worked...
I realized that it's just this computer that is having the issue. Other computers cannot see this computer and this computer can't see anything.
Everything was working fine until 3 days ago and im pretty sure I didn't do anything for it to stop working... :S

All computers are using windows XP by the way.

I can also ping the computer 192.168.0.7 which is on my network
--------------------------------------------------------

Update:
I ended up doing the below commands in the cmd and now everything is working fine.
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog

Thanks. :)

Last edited: