All of my files are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weebuild

Reaction score
So I was editing one of my pages of my site in the development and I get some kinda of message that this page isn't in my directory. So then I'm just thinking "Hmm". So Then I just check in my file manager and click the refresh button. All my files and folders are gone. The only thing left was 1 folder: (home/weebuild). So then I log out of x10hostings portal and log back in. I went on the cPanel and I get that welcome message like it is my first time on there. It's like my account was completely restarted. I don't think that's the case though because on the file manager I have less files then your suppose to have. I am extremely upset about this and my site was not so easy to make. Many PHP scripts and DB's.

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]I also wrote this on a support ticket but obviously the support team on x10 really sucks. One reason I will be moving because of this incident.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Is there a way I can get all my files about. Please! Please.

macarayv18

Reaction score
Yes mine too. Hope the server tech "team" could update us ASAP. You know how critical this situation is in our end. Thanks!

shant93

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. I had reset my account password the day before, I don't know if that is relevant.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account is on Starka, and if you'd bothered to check the status/service alerts at http://status.x10hosting.com you would have seen that there is a known problem and that the server is undergoing maintenance.

Your files are not gone. Your home directory is on a SAN (storage area network), and all that's on Starka proper is your user account info and a virtual link to your space on the SAN. When the SAN is not connected to the server (due to maintenance or due to a network error), it will look like the directory is empty. If you haven't received a response to your support request, it's because you are only one of a bunch of people (including myself, by the way) who are seeing the effects of the same problem. There are thousands of accounts on each of the servers, and if even a relatively small fraction of all of the affected users submit tickets for a problem that has been reported on the status page, it's unlikely that all of the tickets will be responded to individually.

Once the SAN allotment for Starka is brought back on line, you'll have your files back. Your database(s) should not have been affected at all either. The only losses you might experience are unsaved edits if you were editing files online when the problem occurred.

pandor82

Reaction score
Seems the problem now its not the database maybe are work in another issue from stoli server! But its 1 day now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.