Why does this happen to me?!?!?

chrisrog

Reaction score
It seems my uncle had a talent for breaking things without knowing he did and I'm getting sick of it.

He came over last night at some point hooked a the cords from my computer tower to his did something than hooked them all back up and didn't even bother to check and see if everything was still working.

Now I'm short a Keyboard and a Mouse and can't program because of it.

Why is it every time he touches someone technological it breaks?!?!?!?

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Looks like you're going to have to call in Geek Squad.
In the meantime, it would be best to get a USB wireless mouse and move your files into something like SugarSync, Dropbox, or Google Drive services so you can edit from the laptop you are currently using.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe the standard reply is: "It's still your turn. That's why."

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Life is what you think. You are what you think. You are who you are because of what you think.

If life = the above (which is a fact)

Then Life... + bad thoughts = BAD YOU=NOT LIKE yourself. Not like who you are. And not like life because you think such thoughts.

That is genius, kid...You have to stop thinking bad thoughts and think great=be great=get greatness-get rid of greed= Your life will be great.

If you do not understand that your thoughts are what make you, you, and that your thoughts bring about what you think...sorry but you have gotta change that to like life.

--It's your turn, thats why.... Gotta say thats horrible thinking which will likely lead to such. : ) Eseller understands what I'm trying to say with this post.

Your welcome for advice. Live by it, and boy oh boy...we might meet in person one day...would be great to meet the rest of the worlds greatest minds.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Next time use superglue ;)

ataarticles

Reaction score
He seem rather clumsy. Ask him to fork out the cost if necessary. In future, lock your room or make sure you are with him when he comes back to do more damage.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Shut down the box and check the connections. Bet you something isn't plugged in all the way and the system didn't see the hardware properly when it booted. I see it all the time.

At my home I have hardware available for people who are guests. That way they're not messing with my hardware that is actually used. Typically, guests get an old LCD or CRT monitor, an old keyboard and an old mouse to use. They work fine and it keeps of course, things from breaking that shouldn't ever break by having people pull hardware from my own systems. The hardware we actually use is under lock and key. This includes all of my networking gear, the electrical panel, a few computer towers in heavily trafficed areas (They are getting plenty of ventilation, so they're not in a standard desk shelf), and my gaming PC which I built myself (room is always locked as it's also where I keep my other personal systems and work on other systems from people who need help). Also, the Administrator accounts on every PC, whether it's a Linux box or a Windows box, is under two-part authentication. I've had issues with friends coming over and causing PCs to grind to a halt for setting the system clock back to 1980 or 1960, and this was way before the days of me having the knowledge or ability to set up Group Policy and Restrictions on machines (years ago).

Also, I know the feeling. There are some people who despite my best efforts to tell them that the problem they keep telling me about is the same thing but in a different (slightly) form, continue to tell me about the same problems. Then there are those who I do things for them, then they undo what I did, ask me why something broke and I have to fix it again. Then of course there are those "It should just work" type of folks who give up if something doesn't work the second they try to use it. These folks I tell to Google-It or Bing-It since it's often something I can fix right away and have given them the solution to already. Being a computer technician is fun, and I do enjoy it though!

Last edited:

chrisrog

Reaction score
turns out he somehow killed the two plugs that my PS2 (or what'ever non-USB plugs are called) cords went into or the cords themselves. Never going to fix those in this day and age where USB things are the norm. V_V In any event he bought a new mouse and keyboard for me. ^_^

Last edited: