Does FTP access count to avoid inactivity suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moongaze

Reaction score
I have a question about the once-every-30-days minimum activity requirement for free webhosting accounts. Does FTP activity on its own (without actually using cPanel) qualify as sufficient activity to avoid account suspension due to inactivity?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a question about the once-every-30-days minimum activity requirement for free webhosting accounts. Does FTP activity on its own (without actually using cPanel) qualify as sufficient activity to avoid account suspension due to inactivity?

No, The FTP or cPanel access doesn't count as Activity

You have to login to Account Portal atleast every 30 days to avoid inactivity suspension.

moongaze

Reaction score
No, The FTP or cPanel access doesn't count as Activity. You have to login to Account Portal ...

Thanks for your reply, Gouri, but I'm a little confused: I thought cPanel was the same as the account portal. Are they different?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
account portal is the one located at: https://x10hosting.com/portal/login.php where you can see information about your account, such as what server your hosting is on for instance, also where you'd be able to for instance change your contact email address, and view the status of your account.

cPanel would be where you actually access your files, manage addon/parked domains, email accounts etc that relates to your website, typically accessed either by clicking cPanel button in the account portal or by going to server.x10hosting.com:2083 (where server would be level in your case).

Status
Not open for further replies.