Safe Mode is on and has been proven

Status
Not open for further replies.

comput61

Reaction score
I asked support why safe mode is on. They told me their favorite response, "safe mode is disabled on all servers". I investigated into this. They told me to enter the following script into a text editor and save it as test.php.

<pre>
<?php

print_r(ini_get_all());

?>

</pre>

I did this and it shows the server's configuration settings. When you search (ctrl + F) safe_mode, you find this:

[safe_mode] => Array
(
[global_value] => 1
[local_value] => 1
[access] => 4
)

1 means safe mode is on. 0 means safe mode is off. Does anyone else see a "0"? I certainly don't see one.

You can see the server configuration settings here (php script quoted above).

Just hit the ctrl & F button simultaneously and search for "safe_mode". Shows safe mode is on huh?
It's funny how the staff keeps telling everyone it is off.

If staff don't believe that safe mode is on, try these links and see what you get

xxxdating.x10.mx
hoteldevelopment.x10.mx/forum

Both websites tell you that safe mode is in fact on.

belltown

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue. I had to re-write some of my code to take into account the fact that safe_mode is now on, specifically CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION doesn't work if safe_mode is on.

comput61

Reaction score
It's known by everyone that it's on, but support keeps telling everyone it's off. It's not hard to tell it's on. You can't install Boonex Dolphin, Xenforo Forums and even Joomla says it's on (can still install whether on or off). I just don't understand why they don't change it. Do they realize that they're losing members with this problem? If they can just turn safe mode off, that would solve problems of just about everyone who uses free hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.