No access to Cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

submar41

Reaction score
I've just created a brand new account for the first time. I have confirmed my email and I can get to the cpanel login screen. I sign in with the name provided in the email but what password do I use? I tried the one that I used to signup for the account with but that does not work. What am I missing here?

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
Your cPanel username will not be your e-mail. It is easiest to sign into the portal and access cPanel from there.

jjordan69

Reaction score
Your cPanel username will not be your e-mail. It is easiest to sign into the portal and access cPanel from there.

You can use use your account's Email address to log-in to cPanel

and you use the same same password as used to log-in to the AP

elysiax1

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.

new account - logged into the x10 portal - click access cPanel - I get logged in successfully for 2 seconds then I get put back to login screen with
"You must specify a username to login."

Please let me know what the fix for this is - I was looking to migrate my hosting and this is not a good start :(

Cory

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.

new account - logged into the x10 portal - click access cPanel - I get logged in successfully for 2 seconds then I get put back to login screen with
"You must specify a username to login."

Please let me know what the fix for this is - I was looking to migrate my hosting and this is not a good start :(

Cory

Click back and click on Access cPanel again. It doesn't always work on the first try.

Or try yoursubdomain/cpanel which will redirect you to the cPanel login.

elysiax1

Reaction score
I did a password reset and it ended up working, could have been a fluke but thought I would post how it worked again. Also it has been an hour since I registered so I could have just been a time thing. Patience is something I'm noticing a lot of people on the "free" section don't have. If time is money and your not spending any money expect to spend time.

Cory

elysiax1

Reaction score
Click back and click on Access cPanel again. It doesn't always work on the first try.

Or try yoursubdomain/cpanel which will redirect you to the cPanel login.

I tried MANY times over the hour - I currently have real paid hosting with cPanel and am more than familiar with the processes and troubles that can be involved. :) hopefully it works for others.

Thanks though,

Cory

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You need to log out and then log back into the account portal, then click the access cpanel button. Logging into the account portal syncs your cpanel password with your account portal password, but this sync ONLY happens when you actually log in and not when you visit with your login "remembered"

Status
Not open for further replies.