My Online Portfolio

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the work. I like the design. I'm just not sure that the blog format fits as a landing page. If 'twere me, I'd put some time into creating a front page for the site with a minimum of featured content (one each from each category: full identity, logo, etc.) which avoids the issue of your best/highest-profile work falling off of the front page or getting too far "below the fold". And maybe pick one or two quotes to "pin" for a while. You can always link from there to what you have now, or to tagged list pages, and you can rotate the featured content if you want to keep the site fresh. It's not a matter of radically redesigning; just making sure your best foot is forward at all times.

learning_brain

Reaction score
I like it too.

There are some really nice css features here, although it looks a little disjointed.

I have to be honest here - it looks as if it has been constructed using different styles. Your GOLI design and corporate styling is far more consistent and it shows.

The wp-content references in the source may offer a clue as to why. The structure is classic and effective, but the elements do not seem designed for the same site. The background for instance is quite dark - almost gothic, whilst the header image has a completely different style. Equally, the menu picks up on the wood theme but is wider than the header - which is distracting.

You can obviously design - and design well... but the conversion to web here isn't .... quite there.

Oops - just found the original at http://themeforest.net/item/my-journey-wp-personal-blog-/full_screen_preview/145070

You may benefit from getting a web designer to give you some assistance in turning a concept into a unique site. My site for instance may not be perfect, but you won't find it anywhere else - not even anything close.

Good work by the way.

Rich

Last edited: