Dating site?

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The dog that digs deepest finds the bones.

osDate is worth a look and can be downloaded here http://www.tufat.com/files_lgpl/script_39.zip
It is a little old but has many users and a good forum for technical support, modifications and new skins or layouts. Has many features that can be added such as its own forum, live chat, video uploads and has PayPal options built in. It can also automatically generate thousands of random profiles to make the site look popular until real people start joining.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
WordPress has a professional dating plugin but that costs money (and some say is not very good) but I have seen the free Classifieds plugin customised for romantic encounters and any ready made forum script will also work rather well for a basic functioning dating website. It all really depends on if you want spread the love or make money from the lonely and gullible?

astarr

Reaction score
I tried different solutions for popchat.com

www.vldpersonals.com was pretty decent, I actually bought that solution and used it for a while.

Also used grou.ps - not exactly a dating site, more like a community site, but not too bad if you're trying to build a dating group. It's also a hosted solution.

I ended up using a free video chat solution.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Everyone else is using the same Google, Bing, etc., that you have access to, and a whole lot less incentive to find this particular solution than you do. Why would you expect us to find more than you can?

And let's look at your requirements again: you want something that will provide you with a lot of money, but you're not willing to invest any of your own. Where's the developers' incentive? This is the sort of thing where "good enough for Open Source" isn't good enough at all; it's got to be shiny and look like THE place to be to the desperate. It's time to put some work into making the framework you do have work for you. That may mean design (and perhaps hiring a designer). It may mean extending features (and perhaps hiring a developer). It will mean a lot of work at marketing and promotion, and the software won't do that for you.