Website access issues - The connection has timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I haven't been able to access my website and every time I do, the connection will time out and I will get a message something like: "The server is taking too long to respond."
My account is not suspended and I can log into cPanel and the account panel without any problems. Any help will be fantastic!

Site: dy.exofire.net
Server: vox
Account status: unsuspended

Piotr GRD

Reaction score
dy.exofire.net is pointing to the IP 69.175.104.34, which is IP of the old unexisting "Chopin" server. There were many such DNS problems back in time when Boru/Chopin/Starka/Stoli/Lotus websites were moved to Absolut/Level/Vox, I'm surprised that after so long time such issues still exists.

You need either this DNS entry being fixed on x10hosting nameservers, or (if exofire.net is your own domain) if this won't be for some reason possible, switch into using some other external nameservers and set the proper DNS entry that will point dy.exofire.net to the IP of Vox which is 198.91.81.4.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Thanks Piotr GRD!

dy.exofire.net is NOT my own domain, and even going through the advance DNS settings through cPanel (seen in the attached picture below), everything points to 198.91.81.4 as you mentioned.

dy.exofire.net IMAGE 2.png

Is there any way to fix this on my side??

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It may simply be that the server is busy (as often as not, it's busy doing something tremendously silly for another user who doesn't know what he or she is doing). For what it's worth, I'm able to reach your site with relatively snappy response just at the moment:

*fusion - home
Information
Coming Soon! A newly revamped *fusion website!
Welcome to *fusion - dAnieL's World-Wide Portal!

But that's at 5:00 AM Eastern (middle of the night in much of the Americas and morning of a work day in western Europe); things could be very different at another time.

Piotr GRD

Reaction score
Yes, at the moment the "A" record for dy.exofire.net is correct. Maybe it has fixed by itself, maybe a staff did it without posting a word in here, or maybe when you was checking DNS settings in cPanel you did the "reset" and you have fixed it this way (my bet goes for the last scenario).

However this is not a good sign and suggest that something is not configured correctly somewhere on the servers, if DNS records for domain names goes back to the old IPs used over 5 months ago.

Last edited:

dyfuse

Reaction score
All appears to be well at the moment with my latest check...hope these DNS issues do not resurface again.

And yes Piotr GRD, I did try a "reset" of DNS settings through cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.