My Site STILL wont work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyrctyn

Reaction score
I've tried what others have suggested (creating an index.php file since i didn't have one), but when I try to go to the site, it gives my a '404 Not Found' and says 'Resource is not found on this server.' Can some one help me :(

Last edited:

hbazer

Reaction score
At URL hatchingmagic.10.mx

I receive --> "This webpage is not available - The server at hatchingmagic.10.mx can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."

Your account has no DNS 'A' or 'NS' recordes - that I could find on the Internet

IF you can get into cPanel...

cPanel --> [ Advanced DNS Zone Editor ]

Reset Zone File --> [ more ]

Put check in front of "Are you sure..."

Click on [ Reset Zone File]

It will take some time for the 'Internet' to reset

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Why do you have it redirecting to a subdirectory? Why do you put spaces in the file/directory name?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
@hbazer - That does not apply, since his domain ends in .x10.mx, not .10.mx (typo). I'm able to resolve hatchingmagic[dot]x10[dot]mx fine.

kyrctyn

Reaction score
Oops, the one I typed was a typo XD I use hatchingmagic.x10.mx link from my Admin Panel :/

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
kyrctyn, like descalzo pointed out you could just move the contents of your Mysdia folder into your public_html.

Alternatively you could rename your Mysida Adopts Script folder name so it has no spaces. (e.g. 'mysdiaadopts')

Thank you

kyrctyn

Reaction score
Okay I did that and now Im getting a "403 Forbidden" saying 'Access to this resource on this server is denied'

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The permissions on mysidiaadoptsscript were set to 777; this is a known security hazard, which the server prevents from processing. I've gone in and changed the permissions to 755, which should fix the 403 error, although the page still appears to be loading slowly due to a MySQL error, likely from a configuration file not being set up properly.

hbazer

Reaction score
kyrctyn, like descalzo pointed out you could just move the contents of your Mysdia folder into your public_html.
Alternatively you could rename your Mysida Adopts Script folder name so it has no spaces. (e.g. 'mysdiaadopts')

@Dead-i
no need for either of those

I will say from the start - any folder or file that has spaces and capital letters in the name - should be on the wrong side of the ToS

but..

doing a test...

added a sub-folder [ Mysida Adopts Script ] in folder [ /public_html ]

put a file [ index.php ] in that folder

setup a redirect - in cPanel -> [ Domains ] -> [ Redirects ]

and it works --> http://hbazer.elementfx.com/

My point is - IF (big if) the OP made the redirect using cPanel - it should have worked

BTW this is the [ .htaccess ] file made by cPanel
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^hbazer\.elementfx\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.hbazer\.elementfx\.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/hbazer\.elementfx\.com\/Mysida\ Adopts\ Script\/" [R=302,L]

"CloudFlare" got in my face again when I tried to post this

Last edited:

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
hbazer, your method for a start is highly impractical. In today's age, it is rare for a website to use spaces in a filename. Also, please define what you mean by
should be on the wrong side of the ToS

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe he means that failure to follow best practices should be detailed in the ToS as "abusive or improper use of the server". That would likely mean that 99.7% of hand-rolled HTML and PHP sites would need to be shut down.

hbazer

Reaction score
hbazer, your method for a start is highly impractical.
I never said it was practical - what I did say was - it will work

In today's age, it is rare for a website to use spaces in a filename.
What part of the world do you live in ? - Windows for one lets users use both - spaces and capital letters (and other characters) in the names - and that is not just for English - I see it everyday while doing website/server/host support

Also, please define what you mean by "should be on the wrong side of the ToS"
"should be on the wrong side of the ToS" - same as violating the ToS - same as "the wrong side of the law"

kyrctyn

Reaction score
The permissions on mysidiaadoptsscript were set to 777; this is a known security hazard, which the server prevents from processing. I've gone in and changed the permissions to 755, which should fix the 403 error, although the page still appears to be loading slowly due to a MySQL error, likely from a configuration file not being set up properly.

Thanks. But I don't see how there's a configuration error. Mysidia Adopts has a tutorial on how to make a site on x10hosting using their script. But I'll go in, take the file out, and follow through the tutorial again to make sure. If that doesn't work, I'll try hbazer's method :)

kyrctyn

Reaction score
Okay, I got it ^^ I did do the installation wrong. Thanks for anyone who helped (and got my brain moving XD) and sorry to those I had to get involved for almost no reason ^^' Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.