Saving cPanel files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
When editing a file then saving using cPanel File manager, the file saves but it gets stuck on "Saving *file name*" and you have to re-open the file all over again to make any other changes. Is this a bug? If yes please fix it soon.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Jessica.C - Can you please let me know an example file path and name that is doing this for your account? If you'd like to send it in a PM that is fine.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well, it's doing it for every file...

example: /public_html/phpBB3/memberlist.php

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
My free-hosting account is on server [ Level ] - it has this cPanel issue

I can get out of the 'saving file' screen by clicking on 'reload'

None of my accounts with cPanel - on other hosts - have this cPanel issue

My [ Premium ] account is on server [ s1 ] - it has no cPanel saving file issue

IMO this is not a cPanel "bug" - but is a cPanel setup error by x10hosting

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I hope they address it. It's a bit annoying having to refresh the file after every "save"

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
I notice the same problem but IMO, It's really easier to use FTP software. You browse files, right click edit/open your favorite editor pops up, do your thing and save and that's it. no logging in the on the page, no waiting for pages to save or reload. May take a while to get used to it but its worth it. :redface:

Last edited:

hbazer

Reaction score
...It's really easier to use FTP software. You browse files, right click edit/open your favorite editor pops up, do your thing and save and that's it

In a school computer lab or some Wifi spot where you can not keep your files on the computer or the USB ports are blocked - FTP will not work to edit your files on 'your' computer - that is one of the reasons for the 'edit' and 'new' functions in cPanel's file manager

If your ISP has a data bandwidth cap - downloading a file - make a edit - upload the file - over and over - can take a large part of the bandwidth during the full month

Last edited:

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
In a school computer lab or some Wifi spot where you can not keep your files on the computer or the USB ports are blocked - FTP will not work to edit your files on 'your' computer - that is one of the reasons for the 'edit' and 'new' functions in cPanel's file manager

That's unfortunate. but I'm not sure why people would trust public computers to access their lovely control panel/website and or files.\

Last edited:

hbazer

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. but I'm not sure why people would trust public computers to access their lovely control panel/website and or files.\

A lot of people in the world have no computer and/or no ISP - they have no choice but to trust SSL

jordan85

Reaction score
I'm here to say that I also am having this problem. Both with the code editor and the regular text editor. All files as well.

webbrewe

Reaction score
I've noticed this too - but though the file saved success message doesn't show, files save anyway. So I just close that screen, no refreshing or redoing necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.