Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanelep

Reaction score
Can I make sure that X10 is doing well as a business? I love the service and don't want it to shut down! I don't have enough money for premium, but I would still love to support the site if I can (ads, referrals, etc.) Is the site doing fine?

shifattk

Reaction score
Here at x10Hosting, we know what we're doing. We have been hosting the masses, for free, since 2004. In that time we've developed a solid, stable platform and a profitable business that really thrives. On top of that we've got a 990,000+ strong community - posting over 850,000 messages in our friendly, knowledge-filled free hosting forum.

Over the past 9 years we have honed our efforts and we're proud to offer our users all of the fantastic benefits of cPanel 11, our smart in-house account panel and our unique community support system. x10Hosting uses high-powered servers that allow us to deliver the very best speeds that free hosting has to offer while giving you access to the latest technology and top of the line features.

- http://x10hosting.com/

chitch18

Reaction score
Ill clarify for you just look at the amount of support requests each day it shows how many people use it and how popular it is, everyone basically knows of x10hosting it will not be shutdown after like i think its 11 years in business the ads they display will probably make them £1000 a day no joke since the amount of people probably clicking them.

meanelep

Reaction score
So would inviting over more free members (99% sure they won't upgrade) help the site more than hurt it? I want to try to help this place out. This is better than my paid host! Not kidding. :smile:

jjordan69

Reaction score
So would inviting over more free members (99% sure they won't upgrade) help the site more than hurt it?

Will not "hurt" anything and there is no need to "upgrade"

Be sure to note - that there is a "Whitelist" of countries at --> [ http://x10hosting.com/forums/useful-information/166022-country-restrictions.html#post847070 ]

before you invite someone

BTW did you know ?...
You can have three (3) Web sites on a non-upgraded x10hosting free-hosting account - such as...
1. WordPress - as account/parked domain
2. MyBB - as addon domain #1
3. MediaWiki - as addon domain #2

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Hosting is run off both Ads (on our free hosting forums & free hosting homepage) and purchases for its upgraded packages, such as x10Premium and x10VPS. Though it is not as popular as free hosting, premium services still receive lots of customers hoping to get guarenteed uptime, dedicated support staff, free automated backups, etc as well as customers who want a cheap, reliable VPS.

Though obviously I can't confirm this, I'm pretty sure that x10Hosting isn't going to just disappear :)

So would inviting over more free members (99% sure they won't upgrade) help the site more than hurt it?
Though I can't give exact numbers, there are tens of thousands of accounts hosted on our free hosting alone. x10Hosting have been able to manage these huge amount of users for a long time; I'm sure another odd user or two won't affect anything :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what your choice of upgrade is.

Prime - Leaves you on same server as now, just with a few extra perks.
Illuminated - Move to a new server, with a 99% uptime guarantee and better stability.
Premium - Move to a new server, 99.9% uptime guarantee and better stability.

To compare plans, see this wiki article: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison

yusuf.a2380

Prime Account
Reaction score
wtf $1 for 99.9% uptime your marketing team doing a bad job i didnt even know about that, thats insanely good

definitely upgrading to that once i start submitting my resume

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
just be aware that the plans with the lowest monthly cost come with a pre-pay requirement for between 1 and 5 years, Illuminated which by the price you quoted seem to be what you refer to is only sold in a 5 year deal where you pay all up front.

Last edited:

yusuf.a2380

Prime Account
Reaction score
How do you upgrade though?

Theres only premium option and other one goes to cpanel

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... Seem you're right on that, portal has recently been upgraded so I'm guessing it is related to that, pinging an admin that deals with coding the portal.

yusuf.a2380

Prime Account
Reaction score
do you know a way to upgrade without that page? Maybe can do it here? ^^

Or do we have to wait? :(

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Just had a word with the admin in charge, he hopes to have upgrade option online in portal later tonight, but can't guarantee it.

Status
Not open for further replies.