Filezile- 552 Disk full - please upload later

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhitney

Reaction score
Hi guys I am getting `552 Disk full - please upload later` `
Critical file transfer error
`

Is they an admin around to fix this please. I read somewhere on filezilla forum that only the server admin can fix this.

Thanks

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can also confirm. getting this error message using my Filezilla FTP program.

Did a quick search and it seems last time it was because someoen was abussing x10 hosting TOS.

Server: absolut

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This'll take a bit to fix; I'm updating quotas so we can see where the usage has gone, and once that's finished I'll be running through and finding where it went and fixing it. At a guess, someone's about to get permanently removed from the service for file storage, but it might be a rogue script that's backing itself up or something similar too. I'll update once it's done, but don't expect it to be done in a few minutes - unfortunately it's a big server, and updating the quotas isn't exactly speedy :(

lwhitney

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to us. Please take your time and fix it. thanks

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Quotas aren't updating properly; one of the other admins was able to free up some space which should help while we identify the issue with quotas and get them fixed so we can find the source of what's cuasing the quotas to jam up and fix it.

lwhitney

Reaction score
Livewire. Doesn't look like much space was free. please find this idiot thats has too much file load and delete him or her.

lwhitney

Reaction score
Yea crreativ its annoying. I havent been able to do work in a few hours now. I have to look for another hosting still this issue is fully resloved

creatio3

Reaction score
If you juste want to modify some files, just use the File Manager under the Files section in cPanel.

lwhitney

Reaction score
Creatio3 if i do that then the structure of file e.g. inline css, php will be messed up making it uneasy to read the php or css and it takes time to real structure all of them. And i dont have that time to do that.

creatio3

Reaction score
Yes of course but for my use i juste needed to make a small change in a html file so its didnt messed up anything ;) But yes be careful with this tool

moodle4m

Reaction score
Dont know if it was fix yet but i am now getting 552 Disk full - please upload later on server: absolut

Reaction score
It was 96% full a few days ago, now it is 99% and uploads are not working. This is server "absolut". When will this be fixed?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's broken with quotas; I've pinged admins again (did last night when it didn't save them properly) to try and identify exactly why it's not allowing them to save cause once that's done cleaning the server'll be easy. I'm hoping we can get it fixed today but as long as the quotas aren't saving I can't get a list of who's actually breaking the rules without crashing the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.