Went to login to cpanel and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chucklebutte

Reaction score
My entire account was wiped out? I am at a loss why.... I was never emailed anything... I admit I haven't been on the forums since last month around the beginning of the month....

Can someone please take a look at my account? email associated with my account is [removed].

Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I removed your email address so that you don't get spam emails.

You have no hosting account linked to this fourm account, to the email that you did have (which is linked to your forum account), or linked to the domain in your signature. I'm not sure what happened to your account; it may have been deleted if you have not logged in since 8/1/2013, but you would have gotten email reminders that your account was pending deletion. Maybe a staff member can shed some more light on what happened.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account in question seem to have been suspended on August 11th due to inactivity, and then 21 days later terminated as no action to get it unsupsended was taken.

You should indeed have gotten an email stating that first you risked getting suspended for not having logged into the account portal, and then one more once the account was actually suspended. It is possible that the emails ended up in your spamfolder and you missed them for that reason.
ToS said:
7. Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then removed from our servers (terminated). All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting Account Portal located at https://x10hosting.com/portal/ at least once every 30 days. Accounts must have a working website within 1 week.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No. When the accounts are finally terminated, they are removed from (usable) backup as well. It takes 51 days of inactivity for that to happen (30 days without a login to the portal plus 21 days of suspension); sites left that long are considered abandoned.

chucklebutte

Reaction score
Extremely frustrating. Well I am through with x10 then, those are pretty bogus terms and I have now lost information that can not be replaced. The need to constantly login to these forums just to keep your account active is insane! Sorry I do not have the time to remember to "check in" like a child, being I am an adult I have much more important things to concern myself with.

You guys need to revise your rules. 51 days is such a low number its ridiculous. What if I was sick in the hospital? Out of the country? Or just busy with school and work? Any number of things could arise in my life (like gmail adding x10 to my spam list) which would not allow me to check in. Its very unfair. Its so fantastic that just one time is all it takes! Never have I had a problem before in the 4 years I have used x10, every time I get suspended I always got an email and unsuspended myself, but this one time I do not get an email everything goes to piss.

Because of your stupid rules (and lack of compassion) you just wiped out my children's history from their birth till 51 days ago. I used my forums to share all of my children's accomplishments and pictures with family and friends. It is my fault ultimately, I should have never trusted something so important to a fly by night hosting company. I guess its time to pull out my back up from the beginning of the year and find hosting that doesn't have such absurd rules. I could understand if I were hosting pirated goods or something obscene then yes it makes sense to delete my account, but just because you assume I am MIA does not justify termination. My where abouts should be none of your concern. My website being up and running should be your only concern.

It seems that you would try a bit harder to inform someone that you are about to destroy everything they have created or work hard towards. Two emails is not sufficient enough.

The irony of all of this is the reason why I logged in the other day. Received a raise a work recently, money is a little better for me now and I have more of it to throw around and wanted to finally roll over to fancy domain name with a .com but when I tried to log in to give you guys money, well you know the rest. Well time to take my money else where, but not before I let all my friends and family know not to use your service anymore, then I will get on the social networks and start my campaign there as well informing the masses of your sleazy tactics.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How does a spam setting in your mail client keep you from logging in once a month? And how does it keep you from doing the backups you should be doing? (And it's into the portal, not the forum. Takes about five seconds or so, and there's no need to do anything else. It's not being treated like a child, it's paying your bill like an adult. If you're incommoded, you can have someone else do it for you. Or you can pay for service, or run somebody else's ads on your site, as other free hosts will usually require you to do.)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I have now lost information that can not be replaced
We make the signup rule very clear to our free hosting customers when they sign up. We also recommend that everyone takes backups, as it is not x10Hosting's responsibility to backup your files for you on free hosting.

The need to constantly login to these forums just to keep your account active is insane!
This simple request we have for all free hosting users is what lets us give away hosting for free. A handful people sign up for free hosting, use it for a while, and then forget about it. After a long amount of time, the number of inactive accounts goes up, which means that our free servers cannot cope. x10Hosting have invested in servers with their own money to give away free web hosting, but if the servers are cluttered with unused accounts servers will become full very quickly. This simple login policy is the best way to help x10 continue to provide free hosting, since it allows the people who actually use the service to keep using the service. It isn't very hard either - just putting in your username and password. I hope you understand. :)

gmail adding x10 to my spam list
The emails are there just for a reminder. There's not much more we can do to help remind people to login to the forums.

you just wiped out my children's history from their birth
If the files were so important to you, why didn't you make backups like we recommend? It is not x10Hosting's responsibility to backup your files.

My website being up and running should be your only concern.
Please realise that we are all volunteers, and we have our own lives too. We do our best to maintain our servers and continue to provide free hosting. We have taken a lot of time out of our lives. Really, the least we can ask is for you to simply login once in a while.

wanted to finally roll over to fancy domain name with a .com but when I tried to log in to give you guys money, well you know the rest.
You would buy a .com domain from a domain registrar, not necessarily from us. We would host that .com for free, too.

I guess its time to pull out my back up from the beginning of the year and find hosting that doesn't have such absurd rules.
Bearing in mind that this service is free, and one of the best around, I wish you good luck finding another free hosting company. As this topic isn't really going anywhere now, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.