problem with maximum users FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdfhostx

Reaction score
when i login with FTP
i see this problem
[19:57:28] Connecting to 198.91.81.2, port 21 (#1)
[19:57:37] Connected to server, waiting for response...
[19:57:38] 421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry
[19:57:38] Disconnected from server

please fix this problem and set unlimited maximum users to use FTP
thanks

rexmundi412

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same issue. That tutorial isn't clear? I'm assuming "pure-ftpd" is an FTP client? I use FileZilla, but in any case it doesn't describe where these setting changes are to take place?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That tutorial would be for server owners, not for clients - I've got absolutely no idea why hdfhostx posted that since this isn't an issue you're able to fix on your end. I'll point admin staff to this thread so we can investigate who or what's using the connections; if memory serves all the servers are on the same configuration, so it's odd that only one is having issues.

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with FTP and connecting past few days. Sometimes it just pauses/slowly connects and lets me in eventually, other times I get what the OP posted. I mostly use FTP to edit my files
I'm on Absolut. and thanks Thanks Livewire, hopefully it it get's resolved.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...and set unlimited maximum users to use FTP

That is not going to happen on free-hosting servers - the other two free-hosting servers do not have a issue with their limit of 50 users at one time

It is not a hard error - you can log on when the user count gets to less than 50

I just got in (after a delay)

Response: 220-You are user number 50 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 14:10. Server port: 21.

Last edited:

Wizard7851

Reaction score
is there a problem with the ftp servers? im using dreamweaver 8 and its not letting me connect to the servers at all. I keep getting error messages when trying to connect

ok update. the server is letting me connect as long as i dont have the host directory specified any ideas?

Last edited:

hdfhostx

Reaction score
yes i mean the server admin should fix this problem

the users can't fix this problems

only the server admin can fix this problem in linux dedicated server

Wizard7851

Reaction score
well obviously the server admin should fix this problem and im sure they are working on it. We must have faith in the admins lol

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
sorry, for some reason when my FTP program read 421 50 users I read it as in thousands! I thought that was the part of the bug. But read it wrong, obviously, it means 50 users max are allowed. Guess it's working as intended for free hosting.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I can login to Absolut's FTP fine now. Please let us know if you have any further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.