The Forum Desperately Needs This.

phoebex2

Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've decided that we need to pool our collective intellects and come up with a forum module or plugin that allows us to press a button and on the other end of the internet a hand will come out of someone's monitor and slap them with a hot dog.

This would be of immense value to our community, and if anyone can code it, we can.

I wasn't sure if this qualified as a script, program or third-party app, so I posted it here, but if any reasonably good code examples get posted, I'm sure someone could move the topic.

It doesn't have to be a hot dog, it could be a kielbasa, or even a salami or something, as long as the end-user effect is similar.

This would prevent a great number of issues which I've detected so far, and perhaps many as-yet-unidentified issues.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm thinking of something more like a large carp that is, perhaps, fibbing a bit about its best-before date. Coding it shouldn't be difficult — unless the consensus is that it must be real-time. Personally, I believe a "notification" sort of thing that makes sure that the target user is actually on the page would be more effective, but we haven't even had the meeting to sort out the aim and scope of the committee selection committee yet. As for the hardware, we can finance it on Kickstarter (people would line up for many, many internet miles to fund something like that).

phoebex2

Reaction score
If you think we can get the funding, I can make an account for the project on Github or something.

While I like the antedated ichthyian response mode idea, there's just something innately satisfying, nay, symbolic in the use of cylindrical pork and chicken products. (I'll rack this one up to a difference between the sexes, perhaps. Our brains work a little differently with some software.)

Plus, there's all those choices of condiments.

My first idea involved the hot dog or sausage (or carp in the above example) actually stabbing the recipient in the face, but we're a non-violent community, and a slap is far more friendly than a stabbing, regardless of whether it employs cold cuts or seafood.

Shimming would only make them taller, after all. Not my idea of satisfactory Object-Oriented Programming.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Haha! That is awesome. Do you anyone who could implement the hardware part?

phoebex2

Reaction score
I have some friends in the Vietnamese Mafia, but technology is their Achilles' heel.

I'll probably have to look into outsourcing for this.