Site down: Your request is taking longer than usual to process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven209

Reaction score
Ok i try to log in and all i get is Sign in Successful
Please standby while transfer you to your web hosting account.
Your request is taking longer than usual to process.

and my site is down alot... wtf
http://Raven2099.x10.mx

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
If your account is on free-hosting server [ Level ] - it is down right now

EDIT: I 'see' your URL [ http://raven2099.x10.mx/ ] is on free-hosting server [ Level ]

dayzmpx1

Reaction score
I was just about to make the same post, good thing I double checked before being that annoying guy! Any ETA (sorry to be the guy who asks) on the return of Level servers?

raven209

Reaction score
If your account is on free-hosting server [ Level ] - it is down right now

EDIT: I 'see' your URL [ http://raven2099.x10.mx/ ] is on free-hosting server [ Level ]

yeah? my best friend is using x10 as well his site is free and up...?
no excuses, just resuults if one free sit us up all should be up.. QED

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
They (x10hosting) do not give ETAs - and work to get the service back up as quick as they can

dayzmpx1

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your swift answer. I remember this is a free service and won't look a gift horse in the mouth. So far the service has been great, and its appreciated here. ;)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
no excuses, just resuults if one free site uis up all should be up.. QED

like i said... no exuses..... it's rude and unethical

free-hosting accounts are on three (3) servers - if one is down only the accounts on that server are down

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
"It's rude and unethical" rofl. That makes me laugh.

We're working on it. No ETA yet.

raven209

Reaction score
"It's rude and unethical" rofl. That makes me laugh.
ok lets try it this way.. lets say someone murdered your entire family right in froint of you then tells everyone you masde them do it and they get off scott free and you goto prison forever...

excuses are rude and unethical, i just don't beleive in making an excuse...
if i am late for work or something i take the punishment for what it is... no excuse made or given

the servers down excuse doen't fly with me
just say Oh..down? ok.. on it , bye! and get to work....

(yes i am evil.. i know... so what... i'm evil....

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's try it this way:

This is a free hosting service. We do our best to manage thousands upon thousands of free hosting accounts spread across three different servers. And yes, I mean SERVERS. They aren't virtual machines, they are dedicated servers, in racks, in a datacenter.

If you don't like the fact that I was woken up to getting on working to fix this, then please, be my guest, and leave. But complaining that the servers are down and telling me to get to work? That's not gonna fly. I wouldn't even continue working on this just to piss you off, honestly, but seeing as there are thousands of other people waiting for the restoration of service? I think I'll go do my job.

I never gave you any excuses. I told you that the server was down and we're working on restoring it. From what I can tell, it looks like something unmounted the SAN partitions. I'm about to go in and reboot the physical server.

The server being down isn't an excuse, it's what happened.

dayzmpx1

Reaction score
Raven? its not like you pay for it dude. Even paid hosting goes wrong some times. If you don't motivate people by being a little more positive, how do you expect them to be enthusiastic about resolving an issue quickly?

Its hardly rude, not in the slightest unethical, at a struggle you could (if no action was being taken to fix the problem) call it unprofessional, but in reality, its not even unprofessional. You can search all day long and won't find anyone promising a guaranteed 100% uptime. I know that my site has been on-line for at least 99 hours out of 100 which is a professional level of hosting, and at what cost? Appreciate what you get for free dude, this service is far better than you give it credit for.

And thanks Leafypiggy, take your time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.