Website down for five to six hours now

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredk

Reaction score
Seen some posts reference this same thing so waited a bit to no avail. Log in to cPanel hangs at final stage before going to it and the browser searches and searches for the site but hangs also. No messages of any kind.

Saw a post where an IP had been banned by the site but was working fine, though sluggish, this weekend. Can someone check it out for me?

Thanks
retiredkyng.x10.mx

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your IP is blocked. Looking into the reason.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
You were blocked by the firewall automatically for having a high number of TCP connections to the server concurrently. This can be caused by a number of things, such as FTP, and other programs. I've removed the block.

retiredk

Reaction score
OK. We will multiple tabs do the same thing too? Just curious as that's the only thing other that the occasional FileZilla or plug in install on Wordpress. Also do I need to adjust anything in the cPanel to avoid this again? PM me if you have some suggestions on that.

Thanks Leafypiggy

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
You had over 100 concurrent TCP connections.. this is not caused by normal browsing. If it happens again, I'd say it's an issue, but for now, let's just hope it doesn't happen.

retiredk

Reaction score
All I can say is wow. :rofl: Now that's a lot. OK, I'll also check my RSS feeds I have coming into the site. Not many but maybe they add up. If anything, I'll just delete them as I usually write about a majority of them. Thanks for the help again

Status
Not open for further replies.