Zip Extension: How to Turn On? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

style888

Reaction score
I'm using Wordpress and a very important plugin necessary to migrate my site to another domain on the same server needs the following:

The ZipArchive extension for PHP is required for compression. Please contact your hosting provider if you're on a hosted server. For additional information see our online documentation.

Please help. What should I do? Thanks. I'm using Wordpress Duplicator.

Last edited:

style888

Reaction score
"The ZipArchive extension for PHP is required for compression. Please contact your hosting provider if you're on a hosted server. Duplicator says that the Zip archive extension fails, however my host says it's enabled. What should I do?

The Duplicator uses the following PHP ZipArchive class and if its not found then processing can't be performed. Be sure your host is looking at the same thing as there are several versions of doing Zip compression in PHP. Have your host visit the link above for instructions on how to enable the Zip Archive class. If this is something they won't perform on your behalf here is a list of excellent hosting provider that will enable or already have it enabled for you. Some users have seen successful ZipArchive detection when they asked their host to update to PHP 5.3 or better. "

Status
Not open for further replies.