new site not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

08hybridok

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if my ISP is blocking free hosting sites, or if there's something else I need to do.
I bought a new .com yesterday, and setup with 000 & then X10 a few hours later. Neither site is loading. I left the nameservers pointing to X10 for 24+ hour now & it still won't load on my home PC's (ATT Uverse); but will load from my phone (not AT&T).
I can access it using the X10host.com name; just not the normal .com address (purchased with godaddy).
I can access it if I change my computers DNS to google's. (my modem can't change/access the DNS settings)
Problem is it's a local site & 1/2 my users will be AT&T the other 1/2 Cox (cable)
www.jetprideband.x10host.com
www.jetprideband.com

Is it AT&T, or should I be looking elsewhere for a fix?

08hybridok

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured they were up; I just can't get to them from home :(

I tried the cache clearing; & restarted the browser, still no luck.

On 1 computer I changed the network adapter DNS to google's instead of obtain automaticly, and it will load. What does this mean (It's been a loooong time since I worked on web sites, my brain's not as sharp as it once was)

08hybridok

Reaction score
Ping: could not find host jetprideband.com
Tracert: unable to resolve target system name jetprideband.com

08hybridok

Reaction score
ping was fine & attached tracert from the PC with google DNS

Attachments

• jpcom.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 5

08hybridok

Reaction score
Maybe I was to impatient; maybe thigs got fixed, but it seems I can finally see my site at home now!

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Impatient. When your ISP caches a page, you have to wait for it to "age out"; there's nothing you can do in the meantime.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Also some DNS providers don't update for up to 72 hours; most do within 24, but there's a reason I now use OpenDNS instead of trusting Charter's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.