Erroneous redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdelcx10

Reaction score
At first, when I entered "vdelcmediacenter.x10.mx" in a browser it would go to "vdelcmediacenter.x10.mx/default.html", as expected.

Then I experimented with redirection, realized that wasn't what I wanted to do, and cancelled the redirection. MyWebsites shows "not redirected" which is correct, but when I enter "vdelcmediacenter.x10.mx" in a browser it now redirects to "vdelcmediacenter.x10.mx/yahoo.com". which isn't there and was never there and I don't intend to create.

Can you make the system go back to the original behavior (default.html)? Deleting anything you want is OK because I haven't loaded my real content yet.

Thanks.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel and rename .htaccess to .htaccessBAK (or just delete it)
.htaccess is the file that is usually responsible for this problem.

Once you've done that, clear your browser cache and history. The redirect can be stored there, so you have to clear it out. Then check your site.

Last edited:

vdelcx10

Reaction score
I tried renaming the file. I still have the problem, even accessing the site from a different browser on a different computer. Any other ideas?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking into this now.. something's funky with your account/domain.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Resolved! A couple things:

The redirection was being caused by a .htaccess file in the root of your account (/home/vdelcx10/.htaccess)

The DNS entry for your domain was all messed up, and was pointing to our catchall server--this was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.