Please change my main domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatterbox42

Reaction score
I was coming here initially to ask that my account be switched to an x10 subdomain since I'm retiring my 13-year old domain name this month, but while searching through the threads on the proper procedure I was shocked to discover that I'm apparently living in a blacklisted country! (I was checking to see if the name I wanted was available when I made this genuinely gutting discovery.)

My first assumption was that it was an error. How could my peaceful, US-friendly country possibly be blacklisted by the US? I live a few minutes away from the house where George Washington stayed on his only trip outside the US, and it's considered a national treasure! I had to do a bunch of web searches to see if I'd slipped into an alternate universe. Nope, I haven't. We're still friendly. So I'm guessing there's some other reason.

I signed up for this account in July 2009 and I had no idea this could ever be an issue, but based on the threads I've been reading, it would appear that it's only a matter of time until my account is suspended due to my location. So, rather than sit around and worry that all my hard work here (ok, hard play - it's a hobby, after all) will be for nothing, I've decided to accept my fate. I'd rather be here to watch the walls come down, than be surprised one morning by the sudden disappearance of my little corner of the web.

So, this is goodbye. I'll park my domain name and you can do the rest. I'm not bitter - I get that it's all legal stuff - and I've honestly enjoyed my time here. Even though there were a few bumps now and then, overall I'd still recommend x10 to anyone living in the 'safe' zone because it's still the best of all the free hosts I've tried in the past decade-plus. Such is life. Cheers.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
EEK!

The admins have never said anything about removing accounts from countries like yours (Barbados?). The "ban" only applies to new accounts.

Do reconsider.

chatterbox42

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, descalzo. Barbados is correct, but it's neither on the whitelist nor the high risk list. If the ban only applies to new accounts then of course I'll reconsider, but would I still be able to switch to a x10 subdomain? And if so, what do I need to do?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you can switch.
Just post the new x10 domain name you want (after making sure it is available) and an Admin will switch it for you.

eek.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi chatterbox42,

Thank you for sticking with us. The country restrictions are in place to combat the very high number of abusive users we receive, and is definitely not to deter genuine users like yourself. :)

I've changed your domain. ;)

Thank you,

chatterbox42

Reaction score
Thank you so much, Dead-i, and multiple thanks to descalzo for the title fix and bump. It's all very much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.