yrcalc.php file returns 404 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
What is the file supposed to do, is it a regular php based webpage?

There have been recent similar troubles due to mod_security being enabled on the servers.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi radella,

The recent security implementation on our servers, mod_security, is blocking your request to that script. This is because your script appears to have a syntax error in your MySQL query, in your script's code. To prevent MySQL data being "leaked", mod_security automatically blocks the request, so that the user does not see the full MySQL error message.

The error is:
Code:
Error in query: update `history` set ab = 10where year4digit = 2001 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'year4digit = 2001' at line 1

Thank you,

caftpx10

Reaction score
Hi radella,

The recent security implementation on our servers, mod_security, is blocking your request to that script. This is because your script appears to have a syntax error in your MySQL query, in your script's code. To prevent MySQL data being "leaked", mod_security automatically blocks the request, so that the user does not see the full MySQL error message.

The error is:
Code:
Error in query: update `history` set ab = 10where year4digit = 2001 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'year4digit = 2001' at line 1

Thank you,
If mod_security is blocking then should it be throwing out a 403 rather than a 404?

radella

Reaction score
I fixed the syntax error and the problem is fixed. thanks for your help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I fixed the syntax error and the problem is fixed. thanks for your help.
Great to hear this was solved. Please let us know if you have any further issues. :)

If mod_security is blocking then should it be throwing out a 403 rather than a 404?
The error code that mod_security throws depends on the code specified by the rule blocking it. In some cases, mod_security believes it is more secure to throw a 404 error than a 403 error, based on the rule. This seems to be common when mod_security thinks "data loss" is involved. That said, 404 errors are unlikely in our mod_security setup, and 99% of the rules in place will block with 403 Forbidden. ;)

caftpx10

Reaction score
The error code that mod_security throws depends on the code specified by the rule blocking it. In some cases, mod_security believes it is more secure to throw a 404 error than a 403 error, based on the rule. This seems to be common when mod_security thinks "data loss" is involved. That said, 404 errors are unlikely in our mod_security setup, and 99% of the rules in place will block with 403 Forbidden. ;)
I see. It's just that it would confuse the account holder. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.