Paid Hosting for the UK?

Zenax

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently residing in the UK, and looking for some paid hosting. I have used your free hosting for many years and always fount it to be very reliable.
So I ask the question, are UK customers allowed to purchase hosting with you? If so can you post somewhere for me to take a look? And also what sort of rates do you charge?

Thanks,
Zenax

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Anybody who isn't in a country that US companies are legally prohibited from trading with can use x10Premium and x10VPS paid hosting solutions. The rates for Premium paid hosting are pretty much at the top of the x10Premium home page; no additional fees are charged directly (although you may be responsible for VAT locally if you tattle on yourself and your payment processor may charge a currency conversion fee). If you need more than shared hosting, for instance to run continuously-running software or scripts, you might need a Virtual Private Server (VPS), and the rates depend on the processing, bandwidth and memory/storage you require; the rate information is available on the Plans page. If you want to transfer your existing Free Hosting site to Premium (after checking the rates, etc.) use the Upgrade feature on your account control panel and select the transfer option.

Zenax

Reaction score
So just so I understand (not hard to confuse myself sometimes lol), I basically convert the cost of the hosting from $ to £ and that will be cost (aside from taxes etc), and by VAT locally does that mean if I am self employed? (slightly confused there!?!?)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
That's correct, however there is no VAT or taxes.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No VAT is charged, but (depending on the jurisdiction, and I'm not expert on the UK or the EEC) there are often requirements to pay VAT/GST independently of the vendor for services obtained outside of the country. Not that any but the most fastidious ever do, mind, but yes, if you are running a business based on the service, you'd want to make sure you're paying anything that may be owing.