Awesome forum...please review

devboard

Reaction score
I just love x10 hosting. It doesn't crash like the other servers. Anyways, I made an ABXD powered forum. I would like this reviewed on forum things like unique qualities, creativity, PM system, posting...

Here is the link. http://devboard.x10.mx

If you like it, please join!

brittbr2

Reaction score
I like the mobile layout how it works with phones I think the theme is a little dark I go for lighter themes. The forum is fast and lightweight i will update the post as I review more features

devboard

Reaction score
I know. Other hosts have given bad quality in the fast and lightweight part. ALSO, go to edit profile and under themes, you can select the theme you want.

thehave3

Reaction score
I think the forum is to wide desktop view the script text you have in the left next to the name gets cut off this may be because your logo in top left is huge.
As far as the skin goes it is too dark I like Dark skins but the theme doesn't blend well together.
As far as forum platform it is lightweight but functionality I think is mostly the important part of a forum.

I would have to give it a 5/10 as of right now, it can improve.

ken.gervais89

Reaction score
Too dark, too wide, a few too many sections (do you really need that many?), the look is a bit out of sorts with your logo in an area by itself (looks like an afterthought), as the admin your posts are far too numerous, I mean over 50%, really?

As a long time forum user and co-admin on one, it's been my experience that dark forums, not only make for difficult reading, especially for people with vision problems, but for some reason deter some first time visitors from returning, because the dark look isn't very inviting. I would lighten it up, to ensure that it can be more easily readable by everyone, as well as more friendly looking. I'd also adjust the maximum width, as on one of my laptops it looks like it's being squeezed on the screen.

Unless they are absolutely needed, I would cut down on the number of sections (or create sub-sections), because you have way too many (how can anyone be expected to keep up with that many threads?), and cutting down the number, or hiding them from view until you've built up your membership list, then either change them to subject areas you need or make more sense based on which forum sections have the most activity. Sometimes, sub-sections can work out great...

On the board I co-admin, at no time, from its inception to now, has the operator & admin ever come even remotely close to having 50% of the posts, let alone more than half. In the early days, he created a few sections, plus a link to forum rules on the menu bar. He posted a welcome message in the main section and asked for feedback and would make adjustments accordingly. In the first month we went from a three section forum and 3 members, to a 7 section (not including sub-sections) forum and over 1000 members. Last I looked there were about 1700 members. In the beginning the admin would only post messages in response to questions his co-admins couldn't answer. Now he participates when he can, as he does have a day job and has a away from the board.

As your forum sits right now, I'd give it a 4/10. I would have given it a 6, but what turned me your forum, was your choice for a user name. The first thing that came to mind was, "Oh God, the site is run by a 10 year old." And from that point on, all I could see were the bad points.