Being young vs being old

a-a-a

Reaction score
The range is: young child(-12), teen(13+), adult(20+), mid-age(40+), and senior(60+).
The specific age range vary, so those are just rough guidelines.
That is, if any specific age range matters to the individual, or is it more general of young/old.

What range is it better to be in?

Do youth want to be adults? Do adults wish they were young instead? Or do people like how old they are?
It's impossible to alter time, but one can always wish to go back in time, where everything was way better.

Being older means more responsibilities (for most people). Is working better than going to school?

Being older, you can make money and spend money however you want. But you will also have other concerns, such as feeding yourself, having a place to live, etc.
While, if you're not yet an adult, your parents/guardian have the responsibility of feeding you, giving you shelter, etc. But you get less freedom of doing what you want.
Of course, there are more arguments that I haven't covered because I haven't thought of it.

So, discuss.

alcramer

Reaction score
I'm old. 30 years ago, life was wonderful, horrifying, and scary. 30 years later, life is wonderful, horrifying, and scary. I've pretty much come around to believe the old saying: "No matter where you go, there you are".

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I am 18 so I come in the teen category, childhood was fun, I can't see myself like that. Pretty unstable period this.....

Synkc

Reaction score
I'm 17, and I would much prefer be anything that doesn't have to go to school :p Though I won't like being a 60/70/80 year old person, and not being able to do as much as I could etc.

Last edited:

piedmontparanormal

Reaction score
I'm 17 as well but I'm emancipated and support myself on my own like an adult and I'd much rather go back to being a kid. Adulthood is hard and makes you appreciate everything you're parents put up with. But I am not looking forward to my senior years.

MetalDragon42

Reaction score
I'm in my 30's and pretty much loving it would I like to be a kid again? not really maybe go back to 18 but no younger.

flinx

Reaction score
Now that I'm "old" I sometimes think back at my young days and wish I could turn back time. To be young again and without worries and responsibilities. Except for the usual kid and teen worries of course. Which were huge and world shocking at the time, but looking back are nothing confronted with some of the "grown-up problems".

But I guess that's because I had a great childhood. My parents took care of the grown-up stuff and us kids could be just that: kids. Those that didn't have that much luck, I guess won't be wishing they could be young again.

And of course, being "big" has a lot of advantages too.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
i better want to be in age = (mid-age). For now as i can see my uncle is around 30yo and still his older sister around 32yo is treating him like a foolish child, and even corrupting his suppossed to be money<you know what i mean>.
And theyre relatives still believes his older sister because she is older, i guess. So, more corruption she will make. And i dont think that my uncle deserves to be treated like that because i know him well, and he is kind.
So, i guess being more old is has a good favor. and also, i think noone would believe an intrique if you are that old eough. You wouldnt be treated like that. and your suppossed to be will be yours to be.

Last edited:

nakg0d

Reaction score
I wish I was 12 again.. but really, we have to make compromises as we grow up; we can't deny that we're aging

jensen

Reaction score
Being a kid is fun being a teen is trying being an adult is exciting being old is great being dead ends it all.

Life is a journey to be appreciated. As a kid, arguing is not a concern because after that you're still friends. As a teen, arguing can be a real source of stress because it can break friendships. As an adult (if you've seen the true value of arguments), arguing improves relationships more than just mere disucssions. So it's challenging dealing with life. We need to know how to think properly. Then every stage of life would be great.

a-a-a

Reaction score
Even though I'm not that young, I think being younger is much easier than being older. Less 'real life' stress, so to speak. Yes everyone goes through this and that, but generally, there's less things to worry about.

But either age has its advantages. You can get away with certain things when you're young (certain responsibilities), and there are other things you can get away with when you're old.

mattura

Reaction score
I am 22, I would love to go back to 16 and live up to 21 all over again!

Flashgear

Reaction score
I wish i could of been like 10 with the knowledge i have now, i would probably be earning more than my mum and dad.

Although being 17 is still considered as kinda young..so its cool

arsonistx

Reaction score
I am 16 years old and I love it. :]

I run around a lot and pretty much do what I want to and that's what I've always wanted to do.
Money is tight, yes, but it doesn't matter to me. I would rather have a real good friend than a real $100 bill, and I have plenty of friends. :]

chasecoco

Reaction score
Im 12 and I feel great. No real responsibilites, only the you have to be responsible with turning things in speach we always get in class.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Necro2.jpg

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I enjoy my life. But there is another thing that I enjoy. I enjoy to visit user's website by following the links in their signature when I find an old thread such as this one. It's interesting to see how people give up on their websites so easily. :D