Questions. Going Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

probiner

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a free host account in x10 hosting and have been quite happy with the provided service. Thinking about going premium but have some questions, mainly because after talking with a friend that is hosting in arvixe.com raising some points.

A. It's advised to first buy the domain and then enroll in the premium plan? I wanted a .xyz domain enroled through you but the option is not there :)

B. Can I have multiple domains in a single account? I have a personal blog for my 3D work, basically to show my skills and share experiences. I also have a forum and wiki that I wish to be under a different domain, since I will open it up to a community. So can I have myblog.com and sharedforum.com under the same account? The personal blog will probably have a residual bandwidth use when compared to the forum. If possible to have multiple domains what are the boundaries I should be aware of?

C. Is the Free hosting cPanel the same in premium hosting? My friend shown me his cPanel and had a lot more sections and items. My conclusion was because I'm using free hosting. Is this the case? http://prntscr.com/6btlr8

D. With the 3-year plan price alone will my website have a https address venue?

E. I see the free-hosting transferring option. But since I've spread my website around the web as site.x10.mx will that invalidate all those posted links? Or it automatically points to one of the domains in the premium account? If not seems that I would prefer to keep the free-hosting intact for some time.

F. What are my options if after one year and a half I need to move/cancel my account?

G. I'm from Portugal. Some time after I created my account here I recommend it to a friend and there was a Ban on Portugal users. Is it still on and how does this can affect my access in the future (working fine on free-hosting)? Are there any other regional aspects I should regard?

Thanks for the input :)

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
as for cPanel with your current free-hosting account...
try the standard [ cPanel x3 ] theme by clicking on the "Switch Theme" button at the top of the screen (after you log-in) then select the [ cPanel x3 ] theme

for a lot more information - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/wiki/Plan_comparison ]

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A. You can purchase a domain at the same time as you purchase the premium hosting package, there's no need to buy it before hand unless you simply want to start advertising that new domain right away but are not quite ready to move to premium yet.

B. You can have more then one domain attached to the account, on premium this is unlimited (free has 1 parked and 2 addon domains available as a comparison). There are some resource limitations, far less then free hosting though. If you at some point would hit them we would work with you to find a solution that works, it is however rare to hit them other for extremely popular sites (at which point there are options to upgrade if needed).

C. Both free and premium uses cPanel, premium hosting have more functions enabled though which does give you more sections, and possibly it is a different (newer) version of it as well which also could contribute to there being more sections.

D. The option for free ssl (https enabled site) does come with the two year plan as well as with the three year plan.

F. We would do our best to work with you to find an solution that works if you feel the need to move for any reason. However we do not offer refunds on fees paid on a prepay basis, if you want to upgrade to another option with us the remainder of the paid period would be prorated and discounted to the upgrade cost though.

G. Portugal is still blocked from signing up to free hosting, the block does not exist on premium hosting at all. The way it works is that if you signed up while the country was allowed, like Portugal in your case, you can keep the free account as long as you need it and does not violate our ToS.

Hope this helps clear some questions.

probiner

Reaction score
Hi bdistler.
Well I already have that theme, thanks for the notice. But you can understand the difference in features between my friend's screenshot I posted ( http://prntscr.com/6btlr8 ) and this one, which is what I see in my account now: http://prntscr.com/6bunxy Mind you it's not like I've been need to use cpanel a lot I'm just trying to understand "what's there".

Thanks.

probiner

Reaction score
Hi Anna
Any clues on E)?

As for A) I explained my self badly, though I updated the post. I wanted a .xyz domain, but there's no option to get it in the premim sign-up. Means I'll have to go to a registar and then apply it upon registration, right? Or is there a way to get all done through you guys?

Thanks

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

We do a full migration of your account, meaning that the account is packaged up and transferred to the new server, and then restored. Everything about your account remains exactly the same. So no, it will not mess up your links.

As for the .xyz domain, we do not currently offer registration for this TLD. You would have to purchase it from another registrar.

probiner

Reaction score
Hi Neil.
Thanks for clearing it out.
Cheers

Last edited:

probiner

Reaction score
EDIT: Disregard. It's in the Terms of Service. Sorry!

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yup! We have SLA credits for downtime.

probiner

Reaction score
Ok, went with InfinityTriennial. Wanted to keep making questions but I don't know if there's a forum or IRC that I should posting instead of this one. Not seeing it x)

A) I see that to use website.mydomain I have to move the files to a folder public_html/website.mydomain instead of leaving them at public_html/, which will mess up some links, no? Sorry mega newbie here. Never managed domains while using free-hosting. Always used x10.mx and never two domains per account like I want to setup now. What are my options in terms of domains and folders? (Don't want a simpe redirection to a different name) What should I aim for for good practices? http://prntscr.com/6c4x63

B) I can't login with my username as before, I need to use my email. No biggie, just a habbit I had. Or I'm doing something wrong and I can still do it?

C) I can't also login through FTP as I used to. I see there's still the same FTP user there. I didn't change my pass. So I don't know... I can make a new FTP account and get in fine. But I can't change the password on the "default" one. Adress in filezilla is set to: ftp."name".x10.mx

D) SSL Certificate option seems to say Temporarily Unavailable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You would have access to a ticket system within your premium clients area, the people there would be happy to answer questions (and they would have access to your account details if needed). Of course we will continue to answer them here as well if you prefer, there's no separate forum or irc for premium, we do however have an irc channel available where you probably could get some answers still. If you have an irc client just connect to irc.x10hosting.com and join the #10hosting channel (might be autojoin channel though)

A). If you want the website.mydomain to show exactly the same thing as you currently have on your x10.mx domain it would be easier to set it as parked domain, and set a redirect from the x10.mx so all old users will find the new domain, don't forget to update any scripts accordingly as well if you want the new domain to be the primary domain for access (parked domain means it is an alias of the accounts main domain). You can also request the main domain to be changed so you only have website.mydomain (for a period you would probably want the x10.mx as parked though in that case with a redirect set up from that to the new domain)

B). The email address would be used to get to the clients area where you manage your account such as contact address and to get support. To manage your site you can login directly to cPanel. Since I don't know what server you are on I can't give you the proper link though, but it should be something like https://soX.infinitysrv.com:2083 where X represents a number.

C). If you have propblems with accessing ftp the same way you used to you might want to contact support, the password for the default ftp would be the same as your cPanel password (which may differ from the client area login). You can change the cPanel password from your clients area.

D). For ssl please contact premium support from within your clientsarea and they can sort one out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.