why is the x10hosting Prime upgrade price showing wrong? [EDITED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
at [ https://x10hosting.com/support/account/plans-upgrades-explained ] x10hosting says the price of the "Prime" upgrade is [ $0.50/mo ] and adds "Prices have been calculated by taking the longest term available divided by the time of that term, rounded down to the nearest cent. All prices are in United States Dollars (USD)."
I assume the "longest term available" is for 12 months - my math is [ 0.50 X 12 = 6.00 ] - which is $6.00 USD for 1 year

clicking on [ Buy Now ] under [ Prime ] puts me at [ https://x10hosting.com/sso/upgrade ] where x10hosting says the price of the "Prime" upgrade is [ "Available for as low as $0.50 per month." ]
nothing is said as to how I can receive that price (rate)

on that same page clicking on [ PURCHASE ] at the 'Prime' block gets a pop-up
Upgrading to Prime is simple.

We offer multiple payment options to best suit your needs.

$2.95 USD for 3 months.
$3.95 USD for 6 months.
$4.95 USD for 1 year.
Choose a payment method.....
click to expand and note the 1 (one) year price of $4.95

on that same pop-up clicking on [ CONTINUE ] gets a pop-up with [ "Please enter your billing details below. ..." ]
clicking on [ CONTINUE ] gets a pop-up with [ We've validated your address − Please double check our update before continuing." ]
clicking on [ YES, CONTINUE ] gets a pop-up
Review Upgrade

You are placing an order for the x10Hosting Prime upgrade for 12 months. This purchase is non-refundable.

Your provided billing information is:

By clicking the following Complete Purchase button you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and authorizing us to bill your credit card a one-time charge in the amount of $7.95 USD.
click to expand and note the [ "...for 12 months" ] at a amount (price) of [ $7.95 USD ]
my math is [ 7.95 / 12 = 0.6625 ] rounded down to the nearest cent would be [ $0.66 ] per month

###

this "bait-and-switch" issue was posted in this forum at:
[ https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/hosting-related-issues.196132/#post-940928 ]
and
[ https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/upgrading-to-prime.196090/#post-940688 ]
and others

it has been about a month sence x10hosting staff was notified - in this forum - about this issue - it is no longer a 'typographical error' or 'mathematical rounding error'

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi bdistler,

I'm very sorry I missed your first post about this. I have corrected the price listed on the knowledge base article accordingly. I have also referred our Management Team to this thread, so that the price on the Upgrade page can be corrected.

Thank you,

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Bdistler,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The problem obviously slipped through the cracks, but it has been corrected.

This was a typographical error in the language of one (subtext) portion of the upgrade process from a mistake by our web designer. We were not purposefully misleading anyone, and the incorrect upgrade amount shown in that subtext was never charged to any customer.

Please use the community forums to address issues with a constructive dialogue.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
This was a typographical error in the language of one (subtext) portion of the upgrade process from a mistake by our web designer. We were not purposefully misleading anyone, and the incorrect upgrade amount shown in that subtext was never charged to any customer.
my issue was NOT that x10hosting was purposefully misleading anyone
there were two (2) 'price' errors - looks like they both are now corrected

Please use the community forums to address issues with a constructive dialogue.
#1. > the issue for me (any others - see the full threads I posted above) - was for about a month - we could not get a answer from staff - of which of the three (3) prices was the right one

#2. > IMO - a post in this forum about not receiving a reply to my other posts in other threads in this forum - for a month is "constructive dialogue" about renewing my account

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
my issue was NOT that x10hosting was purposefully misleading anyone
there were two (2) 'price' errors - looks like they both are now corrected

The thread you've created had the original title asserting that the Prime upgrade is a scam due to the small typographical error. In this quote you've also implied that again.

As this issue has been resolved I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.