Website Temporarily Disabled - excessive resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I took a look at your site, I don't see anything on in right now that would cause an issue, I'm not sure if you moved\changed anything since you originally opened this thread?

The most common cause of something like this when you're not actively working with a dynamic site is that a backup or old site is left online somewhere in a folder on the account... it may not be easily accessible but bots seem to find them and even with our current setup to block IPs and rate limit brute force attempts they are still constantly trying to exploit sites. This can quickly add up in terms of resource usage putting some people at the limit.

I'll ask Bryon to write something up regarding how the high resource monitoring works so it's more clear what is happening.

sperko

Reaction score
Thank you for checking that!

The site is a work in progress that only me and a few have access to right now, probably not enough to cause a high resource usage issue.

I haven't had any resource problems since opening this thread so it might of just been a random spike.

At this stage all we can do is wait to see if it happens again. :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've setup a new account on Xo6 and am running benchmarks against a newly installed blog, I'm going to find out where the high resource usage line exists at and make a post.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of this as well. I've had a chat installed for a very long time and until recently (within the past month) I've never had any issue with excess resource usage .......

Status
Not open for further replies.