New Forum Layout

jensen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just took a week off from the web and now x10hosting forums suddenly look so different.

Thank you for keeping things fresh, layout too. Just took a bit of time to get used to the new look when posting but it's easier to navigate and i like the fonts combination.

caftpx10

Reaction score
The only thing that I'm not really a fan of is the fact that it's all on one side squashed because it just makes the post look longer so you would have to scroll more.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that I'm not really a fan of is the fact that it's all on one side squashed because it just makes the post look longer so you would have to scroll more.

Like things are more left aligned instead of where it was centered more before?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I would say yes to that question. There's like no space at the left...it's a bit squashed to the left, or maybe I should say a bit too stretched - no space at the right either

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That would depend on your screen size (monitor resolution). The max-width for the content (the point at which the content stops expanding) is 1500 pixels at 1X resolution. If your screen is narrower (like 1280 x whatever), you'll get a full viewport, and if your monitor is 1600px wide, you won't get much horizontal white space once you take the scrollbar into account. It's plenty comfortable at 1920, and what's more important, the font size is big enough for people who aren't quite 20 anymore to read.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a screen shot Jessica so I can see what you're seeing? I've moved it, expanded it, and squished it but I want to make sure there isn't an issue appearing for some people.

The new forum was made to be more accessible which means it's hard for us to make it look awesome on every resolution but it should be usable. At some point we may be able to take the time to make separate rules\css for different resolutions but probably not anytime soon.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Like things are more left aligned instead of where it was centered more before?
The box holding the post content is aligned completely to the right on mobile devices, the text within the box is however aligned to the left. I'll just fetch the screenshot to show you what I mean...

Here it is:
mpKqKEI.jpg

caftpx10

Reaction score
In the right sidebar, New Profile Posts
Is that really needed? New Posts, maybe. But Profile posts are not really informative.
Looks like the CSS needs a bit of adjustments.
4ZGc1wW.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed that the CSS sizing issue also occurs on PCs where the page is just a little too big (right side gets a little cut off making it look like there's no padding).

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree about the profile posts on the right, I have no idea why\how they are there. When I get some time I'll see if I can switch them to new posts instead.

jensen

Reaction score
Visiting this forums on my mobile and realized the situation about the screen.

Interestingly enough, the forums look much better when viewed in landscape mode. Try it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 5

nullproj

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I am a big fan of this new look to x10 hosting, layout and scheme wise. The x10 cpanel for the website is over simplified, the cpanel 11 theme is more doable and operatable, also there are some easier ways to find things inside of x10 hosting itself, its just.... everything takes up so much space. There is also a lack of areas to post in as well to discuss things especially to keep ones account active under the free hosting. I thought to keep it up there was a minimum post count that members had to make to keep their website going. Its kind of hard when you have like 2 subject areas that people can openly participate in really...

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
the cpanel 11 theme is more doable and operatable
clicking the "Switch Theme" button at the top on the screen (after you log-in) - you can choose between [ x10Hosting Basic ] and [ cPanel x3 ] themes

I thought to keep it up there was a minimum post count that members had to make to keep their website going.
no need to post in the forums
now all you need to do - is log-in to your account at least once every 30 days - at --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login ]
and keep your installed ( non SiteBuilder ) scripts up to date

see x10hosting's free-hosting "Terms of Service" (TOS) - at --> [ https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
There is also a lack of areas to post in as well to discuss things especially to keep ones account active under the free hosting. I thought to keep it up there was a minimum post count that members had to make to keep their website going. Its kind of hard when you have like 2 subject areas that people can openly participate in really...
Where did you read this? It has not been the case for literally years.

nullproj

Reaction score
It was litterally years since ive used x10 hosting last, policy must of changed. However I know about switching to the x3 cpanel theme, I already did that... but the community portion, its a shame theres not selectable themes because its still themed the weird to navigate kinda way the basic cpanel is. I was just commenting on how basic the function was for the x10 hosting panel and x3 was a better way to get around in navigating all the functions.