Lacking permissions for LimeSurvey editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

colnectx

Reaction score
We have a well running LimeSurvey installation. However, it appears that there are some permissions issues and when trying to update email templates there, we get:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /survey/index.php/admin/emailtemplates/sa/update/surveyid/577524 on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
"

Please advise how to ensure our LimeSurvey installation has access to all its files.
Please also note that when we tried to upgrade LimeSurvey from 2.04 to current 2.05 we received permission errors as well but it seems that altogether the upgrade completed well.

Thank you for offering your hosting services :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This was triggering a mod security rule, I've excluded this specific rule for this script based off the information you provided.

Can you please try again?

colnectx

Reaction score
Seems not all permission issue are resolved. I receive this error message when I try to save any changes to the template copy:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /survey/index.php/admin/templates/sa/templatesavechanges on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Isn't mod_security supposed to block URLs, HTML, JavaScript and CSS code from coming through via input methods such as _POST and _GET?

colnectx

Reaction score
There are still permission issues that don't allow working. Could you please further check?

Now when trying to save changed in survey text fields, the URL: http://colnect.x10.mx/survey/index.php/admin/database/index/updatesurveylocalesettings

Produces this message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /survey/index.php/admin/database/index/updatesurveylocalesettings on this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.