403 Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

svdploca

Reaction score
Started doing that about a week ago. Happening to multiple people trying to access the page, none of which have changed how they access it. I am not using any kind of VPN.

http://svdplocator.x10.mx/

Please let me know what I have to do to fix it.

Thank you.

caftpx10

Reaction score
It's happening for me and I'm not on any proxy nor VPN. Looks like there could be some bad code.

svdploca

Reaction score
My site has been down for a week now, with no response.
What is going on??

caftpx10

Reaction score
What was the last thing you've changed before this happened?

svdploca

Reaction score
I haven't changed anything on that site for several months. That site is no longer accessible from my home, work or two separate friends computers (none of which have changed, as far as I know). The problem ain't on my end...

adler96

Reaction score
This issue is happening as well to some of the pages in my site.

Plus (I don't know if related or not), I cannot login in Cpanel (I get the message "Hey User 241c6ec3! That's what we currently know you as - weird, huh?").

discussh

Reaction score
This issue is the same with me in ADMIN CP while i tried editing a user like changing their username or making the Mod :/

letapk

Reaction score
Same for my site also, which is using Wordpress.
While I am able to create new pages within Wordpress, I am unable to edit or modify existing content.
The Wordpress support forum has a number of posts with the same issues. Some ascribe it to a rule within the .htaccess file. Some ascribe it to wrong file permissions. Some ascribe it to a mod_security configuration made by the hosting provider, which detects a suspicious word or phrase within a page and blocks access.
There is no consensus on what causes the problem.
I have checked the file permissions. I have checked the .htaccess file.
All my existing pages cannot be modified.
Could the x10hosting gurus please look ito the matter?

With regards,
KP

adler96

Reaction score
Given that the same script with different parameters is working or not, I'd say it's not related to permissions. Instead, I'd say it is a problem with some cache server.

letapk

Reaction score
I would tend to agree with that.
Yesterday I went through the permissions of each and every file and subdirectory on my site, and ensured that the permissions conformed to what they should be. In addition I checked the content of all the .htaccess files (there were several) and ensured that they contained what they should. I also added a directive to the .htaccess file which stops the server from scrutinizing each and every post.
Still no change. I get the "403 Forbidden" message on trying to modify existing content within Wordpress.
It points to some rule on the server side which is responsible for this behavior.
Could the x10hosting folks please look into this?

With regards,
KP

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
@letapk: There was a mod_security rule blocking your requests, I disabled that particular rule for your account so you should be able to edit your posts now. Let me know if that works or not.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
@svdploca: Your account was having a similar issue with mod_security rules (it was thinking that the coordinates embedded in your map were credit cards, which is usually indicative of a hacked site). I disabled those particular rules for your account and the site now loads.

For everyone else: Please start a new thread if you have any issues, instead of posting on an existing thread. Posts on existing threads should be to help the original poster with their issue, not "me too" or "can you look into this as well" posts.

letapk

Reaction score
@Skizzerz:
Many thanks for taking the time out to look into this issue.
Unfortunately the problem is still not resolved. I get this response on trying to update a page while logged in as admin within Wordpress :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wordpress/wp-admin/post.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This was verified a few minutes back.

With regards,
KP

svdploca

Reaction score
Thank you @Skizzerz, both for fixing it and for the explanation. I confirm that it is working now.

Everyone else: You need to make a new thread for your issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.