Disk Space Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jragsx10

Reaction score
x10hosting,

I would like to request for my disk space to be increased from 512 MB -> 5 GB.

===========================================
We do not provide a limit on disk quota for x10Hosting users. If you have a legitimate use for lots of disk space, check
  • You need to be using at least 50% of your disk space;
    • Disk Space Usage > 511.98 MB / 512 MB
  • Your account needs to be in good standing (no current suspension);
    • No current suspension
  • You need to have a valid website that follows our Terms of Service; and,
    • My website is my personal fun website/blog
  • Your account needs to be at least 7 days old.
    • Confirmed
===========================================

At first I thought this process was silly, however I actually like it and think its reasonable. Make each user request more space as you go, so there's no server storage wasted.

I am requesting 5GB, because I currently have 2GB of video files to upload from an event I recently attended. In addition, I have a couple other pages that will include 100+ pictures in the next couple months.

Thank you for consideration,

-Justin
jrags.net

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The next step would actually be unmetered, but it won't help you much. There is a hard limit of 1GB for media files (video, audio, images) far all Free Hosting accounts, and you need to upgrade to Prime or Illuminated in order to maintain files greater than 10MB in size (and video files worth calling video are rarely smaller than 10MB). The pictures shouldn't be a problem if they're properly sized and compressed, but 2GB of video isn't going to work on a Free Hosting account; you'd need to host them on an external service (with an embedded player).

jragsx10

Reaction score
hi @essellar,

To be clear, I meant 2GB worth of video files, not 2GB sized video files. So you're saying there's a hard limit of 1GB for all .mp4/.jpg files total? I don't want to hosts my video files on an external service. I want everything in one location. That's some nice advertising on the main page there "Cloud hosting that's free and unlimited -xcept vidz lol"

I'm already looking into upgrading my account because I want a dedicated IP Address.
  • I already have a domain, do I get an additional domain for signing up to Prime (Premium)?
  • Can I map more than 1 domain to my x10hosting account?
  • When I upgrade does anything with my login/cpanel change?
Thanks for your help, I really like the service here.

-Justin

caftpx10

Reaction score
There's 'prime' (free web hosting upgrade) and premium (not to do with the free hosting, but allows migration). Which one are you talking about exactly?

jragsx10

Reaction score
dff37c9c0ac5a9ca9913abdb6174bbc969f004bcd9f38b0d12ee39cdb6d9cb07.jpg

edit : can I just give you guys my credit card and you let me upload my videos? :cry:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you need a dedicated IP address, you need Premium. And the 1GB media limit for Free Hosting is the total of all media files, not individual files. The individual file size limit for non-upgraded accounts is 10MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.