Running .exe files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately our free hosting service is designed primarily for hosting websites, and you would not be able to host a continuously running script, such as a game server. You would need a VPS to host your Minecraft server. Please take a look at our VPS packages:

https://x10vps.com/

Please let me know if you have any further questions. :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask if I may run .EXE files in your hosting service.
The short answer is NO - you can not run .EXE (executable file format) files on your x10hosting's free-hosting account

AND
unlike [ pocketserver.net (and others like it) ] to use a x10hosting's [ VPS ] as a Minecraft server - you must know how to install -and- setup -and- control the server - BEFORE you install any "game server"

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
This platform is using Linux, not Windows. However, you can use software such as Wine to execute it.
As the others have pointed out, you should use a VPS for this.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
However, you can use software such as Wine to execute it.
how do you install the "Wine" program - or any program that will 'run' a EXE file - in a x10hosting's free-hosting account (server) ?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that sentence is meant to go with the line immediately following it (that you'd need a VPS).

As a side note however, you do not need to WINE an EXE to run Minecraft on a VPS. Minecraft has a server jar that can run on linux; see http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Setting_up_a_server for the details on that.

caftpx10

Reaction score
how do you install the "Wine" program - or any program that will 'run' a EXE file - in a x10hosting's free-hosting account (server) ?
I mean't that for the VPS thing. Sorry, didn't read through my post before leaving as-is.
I believe that sentence is meant to go with the line immediately following it (that you'd need a VPS).

As a side note however, you do not need to WINE an EXE to run Minecraft on a VPS. Minecraft has a server jar that can run on linux; see http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Setting_up_a_server for the details on that.
Oops. The OP was talking about executing .EXE so I thought that I should mention it. :lol:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries, was just pointing out that for MC in particular there's a better alternative :) Minecraft's bad enough on CPU/RAM management as it is, dun need to WINE it to make it worse :D

tonynadi

Reaction score
One last note on running Minecraft servers... you shouldn't be using the EXE version.
Running the JAR on Linux/Unix is the best way to go, for a variety of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.