Domain issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxiesm

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to setup my website (removed link) to work with my own domain registered using godaddy (removed link) but have been having some issues.

I believe I've set up the nameservers correctly and have parked removed link using the x10 cpanel provided for the 1 parked domain.

Right now, when I type in removed link on my computer, it loads correctly, although sometimes it just shows a white page. However, if I use my phone it shows the "parked courtesy of godaddy" page. Have I done something wrong?

I know I haven't given it the full 48 hours I've seen quoted it can take up to but the fact it sometimes seems to work on my computer makes me wonder if it should be done for all?

I also asked a friend to check and they said at one point removed link loaded properly but when typed without using 'www.' it did not display.

I'm pretty new to setting up my own website so I'm sorry for being a bit nooby.

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Your website currently appears to be loading correctly for me, with and without the "www." prefix. It is possible that your phone is caching the GoDaddy page. This usually clears up in time, but you may be able to clear your cache on your phone. :)

Thank you,

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It could also be that your mobile provider is caching your parked domain page (caching allows them to claim better performance, even if it sometimes comes at the expense of updates), so if clearing your phone's cache doesn't work, you'll have to wait for the page to age out of your provider's cache. (That is almost always within 24 hours, even for a page with headers that say "you can keep me around forever, more or less", but it's still annoying.)

proxiesm

Reaction score
Hi,

Your website currently appears to be loading correctly for me, with and without the "www." prefix. It is possible that your phone is caching the GoDaddy page. This usually clears up in time, but you may be able to clear your cache on your phone. :)

Thank you,
It could also be that your mobile provider is caching your parked domain page (caching allows them to claim better performance, even if it sometimes comes at the expense of updates), so if clearing your phone's cache doesn't work, you'll have to wait for the page to age out of your provider's cache. (That is almost always within 24 hours, even for a page with headers that say "you can keep me around forever, more or less", but it's still annoying.)

Thank you both for your swift replies. Annoyingly right now, it's not loading on the computer but loads on the phone, little bit baffled. I think what I'll do is check it tomorrow on another device that's not sharing a network with my computer & phone.
Thank you again :)

tonynadi

Reaction score
Without getting too far into specifics, this is a routing issue.

There is a nifty trick for forcing a routing update, depending on your OS and browser.

Ideally, use a command prompt to run a ping of your domain name, with a dot at the end.
This is fairly easy to do on Windows and Android, but its one more thing that you can't do on iOS.

If that fails, you can TRY in your browser, but many modern browsers will remove the trailing dot.

Next time, before you do the move, set-up a 301 from parking page.

proxiesm

Reaction score
Without getting too far into specifics, this is a routing issue.

There is a nifty trick for forcing a routing update, depending on your OS and browser.

Ideally, use a command prompt to run a ping of your domain name, with a dot at the end.
This is fairly easy to do on Windows and Android, but its one more thing that you can't do on iOS.

If that fails, you can TRY in your browser, but many modern browsers will remove the trailing dot.

Next time, before you do the move, set-up a 301 from parking page.

Thank you very much, issues seem to be sorted as of now so here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.