Semantic UI or UIKIT

jensen

Reaction score
Am learning to build websites with "Frameworks" and Pure by Yahoo was quite easy to learn and build sites. Then was introduced to Bootstrap and Foundation and they had so much stuff one didn't need yet. Wandered into SemantiUI and UIKit websites and wondered if one should be better than the other. But then again it boils down to what one wants.

So to build a mobile site with "FAST" as the main key word, which should be used between semantic UI and UI kit?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
While I haven't used either SemanticUI or UIKit, I was actually checking out SemanticUI last night to use in an upcoming project. (A small administrative panel of sorts.) I hadn't heard of UIKit until you mentioned it, and it looks pretty great and definitely a viable option for us both. If you're looking for something very simple, but not super feature-rich, there's also Formstone. Formstone unfortunately has some oddities with configuring various modules I was never able to figure out, but that is probably my fault. Formstone's grid and various form controls have been useful for me to get a very quick site up and running in just a couple of hours.

Anyway, if you try out SemanticUI and UIKit please let me know what you think!

I'm going to be spending some time today with one of them. It won't be geared toward mobile, but I'll let you know my impression and how that goes.

jensen

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to formstone. Will check that out once I'm out from all the distraction.

Got distracted by the documentation on SemanticUI and went back to Pure.io for building simple sites.
Then comes along a friend who says - go getskeleton.com How different is that?

Why is everyone coming up with a "framework"? Why don't just handcode it?
Too much distraction reading about frameworks that my work gets framed!! LOL
NO REAL WORK DONE?!!

Get back to work!