Layout problem with a template

trailin2

Reaction score
Hi x10members,

I'm still trying to figure out all this html/css stuff and should probably just use the x10hosting site editor but I want to learn a little :)

I'm testing out a rss style template at trailingpdx.x10.mx/projects/fastfreddie and can't seem to get the page / columns to layout correctly when I resize the browser, everthing seems to shove left and display's horribly.

If anybody has a few minutes to go have a look/review and give me maybe a few pointers on getting the layout to render correctly I'd appreciate it.

update: oh and yes i know i'm using courier font i like it and this is a template design i'm using for personal self use.

Thanks yo,
Darren
TrailingPDX.x10.mx99785458.png 5468521.png

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's just that the breakpoint is too severe. Either you have enough room for three columns, or you don't so you only get one. So, basically, either full-sized desktop (720p or better) or mobile; nothing in-between. Unfortunately, you seem to want to support IE8 - otherwise I'd tell you that flexbox is your friend, and front-end frameworks suck. (It's true regardless, but IE8 means that truth is irrelevant here.) You'd need at least one two-column media query to fix the problem with this structure. Or dump the framework, use max-width and auto margins on the container, and float the widgets.