Can't add a domain (addon domain gives error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

btox10m2

Reaction score
I'm trying to do an addon domain to my account and keep getting:

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I did a whois on the domain name and the name servers (primary and secondary) both point to x10hosting.

Any suggestions or clues to what could be wrong?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

What domain name are you trying to add? :)

Thank you,

btox10m2

Reaction score
benoittouchette.com the domain was registered originally with netfirms.

Last edited:

btox10m2

Reaction score
Anyone have anything i can try, or someone who could help get this resolved, also i tried setting up it as a parked domain and it gives the same error.

tonynadi

Reaction score
Looks like the x10hosting nameservers are having some trouble.

You could try removing, and re-adding, the domain as a parked domain...

btox10m2

Reaction score
I was NEVER able to add or park it in the first place. Still can't as of this morning.

btox10m2

Reaction score
Day 2+ ... Is there anyone official from X10hosting that monitors these forums?

tonynadi

Reaction score
Yes, but as you can imagine, most of their time is occupied with paid support.

1. Are you sure you spelled the domain correctly?
    1. benoittouchte.com - I tried several sources for any record of that domain, and it looks like it is still unregistered.
    2. benoittouchette.com - is pointed to x10 servers.
  2. When you try to park it, what is the error you are getting?

btox10m2

Reaction score
I've had the domain for years so i know its registered.

I get this error no matter what i try:

"Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Still happening as of 10 minutes ago.

adboard4

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too...

I keep getting..... "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
benoittouchette.com the domain was registered originally with netfirms.
Just in case you didn't see my reply the domain is benoittouchte.com
I've had the domain for years so i know its registered.
you have posted two (2) domains in this thread - which one are you trying to set ?

as posted above - for domain [ benoittouchte.com ] - I also tried several sources for any record of that domain, and it is still unregistered - IF you are trying to set it you need to register it

and as posted above - for domain [ benoittouchette.com ] - I 'see' the DNS-NS records set to [ NS1.X10HOSTING.COM ] and [ NS2.X10HOSTING.COM ]

btox10m2

Reaction score
Right now set to use x10hosting name servers so of course it won't resolve to an ip till i can do it as an addon here but its not working with the above error since the beggining of the week. I even waited 24hrs to make sure it would propagate the first day before posting here when i switched to the x10hosting name servers.

btox10m2

Reaction score
Wow! Sure am glad i don't have a paid account here, nearly two weeks since that thread was started and no resolution. Guess i really should look elsewhere for hosting in that case.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
adboards.org

part of what I 'see' at URL [ http://adboards.org/ ] - is "The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither the service provider nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois)."

Your domain [ adboards.org ] is set and working now (for me)

EDIT - I now 'see' domain [ adboards.org ] is at a other host

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.