Is there any way to increase the inode limit for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchopefs

Reaction score
x10hosting is great. But the only thing that I HATE about it is the insane Inode limit! I have NEVER seen a free host that limits inodes to 50k. The lowest I've seen is 300k. So...I want to know if there is any way to increase the inode limit for free (i.e. not upgrading to Prime or Illuminated, if any of those do increase the inode limit).

Thanks!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi pchopefs,

Currently there is no way of increasing the maximum number of inodes on our free hosting service, but we appreciate the feedback on the inode limit. Although the inode limit is 50,000 on our free hosting service, it is very rare for an account to need that many files. Since the inode limit took effect, I have only seen one case where an account has hit the inode limit for legitimate reasons. Currently, your account appears to be under the inode limit, and you shouldn't be facing any problems with this right now.

OK then I'm leaving x10. Do you know how to restore a manual backup?
You can take a manual backup of your account by downloading your files (through FTP) and exporting any databases you may have (using phpMyAdmin).

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
Oh, ok...I'm just worried since I've already reached 18k with 177MB of files.
And I said how you can restore a manual backup, not create one.
Also, thanks for the very through reply compared to post 3. <--that was my post, I meant post 2.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Oh, ok...I'm just worried since I've already reached 18k with 177MB of files.
These files are probably the core files created by the software installations on your account. Since your "inodes" are the total number of files and directories, any information in your database (such as users, blog posts, etc.) will not contribute to your inode limit.

And I said how you can restore a manual backup, not create one.
Sorry about that. Once you have downloaded your files and databases, you could simply upload your files to your new hosting provider, and then use phpMyAdmin to "import" your database archives. ;)

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
Wow, your reply is FAST!!!!!
Also, will cPanel be able to restore a manual backup using the native Restore tool?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't offer the native backup and restore feature in cPanel, if that's what you're referring to. You wouldn't be able to restore a manual backup through cPanel's native backup feature. We have this disabled on our free hosting service due to how resource intensive the native backup feature is. However, we do offer R1Soft automatic backups, which you can use to download all your files, or restore your files and databases to a specific point. :)

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait, but when I try to restore a MySQL DB in PHPMyAdmin I get this error:
Error
SQL query:

--
-- Database: `pchopex1_abc`
--
-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `activity_admin_history`
--
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `activity_admin_history` (

`id` BIGINT( 20 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`admin_id` BIGINT( 20 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
`ip` VARCHAR( 45 ) DEFAULT NULL ,
`created_at` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL ,
`updated_at` DATETIME DEFAULT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id` ) ,
KEY `admin_id_idx` ( `admin_id` )
)ENGINE=MYISAMDEFAULTCHARSET=utf8AUTO_INCREMENT=1;

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please make sure you have selected the database that you would like to restore to, before using the Import feature.

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
How do I choose a database? Dumb question. Just click on it.
OK then. it just successfully imported! yay!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Usually the databases are on the left of phpMyAdmin. However, since this is on a different hosting provider, I recommend that you ask them for further assistance on this. We can only officially provide support for x10Hosting.

Edit: Great to hear everything worked out. :)

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
No, they use the same skin and version of PMA. But now:
Error establishing a database connection

Dang it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

This usually indicates a problem with your database credentials. However, as I said, it would be best to ask your new hosting provider about this. ;)

Thank you,

pchopefs

Reaction score
I know. Only issue is, they don't provide ANY form of support. Man, this would be SO much easier if I could use the Backup thing for maybe 3 minutes....

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That wouldn't matter, since your database user and password would be different in the new location. You just need to change those entries in your software's config file.

pchopefs

Reaction score
I just realized that the only things on my site is WordPress (which can easily be backed-up and restored using plugins), Vanilla (same as WP), and osTicket (whose config I haven't changed that much, so I'll be able to restore it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.