Not getting any email notification when someone posts a comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

molgrumx

Reaction score
As the title says. I have set my email in the settings (gmail), why do I not get any notification? Something I'm missing here?

Edit: This is regarding my Wordpress blog!

Last edited:

molgrumx

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I checked that all the checkboxes were checked in Messages on Profile Pages and they are all checked. I did however receive an email when you replied to this thread!

molgrumx

Reaction score
Yes got an email again that told me you replied. But not for comments on my Wordpress blog. :(

molgrumx

Reaction score
Yes I am talking about my Wordpress blog that i created using an automation tool (can't remember which one), but I can access the admin area of the blog by appending "wp-admin" to the blog. All the checkboxes there are checked that says to email me whenever someone comments (under the "discussions" category).

molgrumx

Reaction score
Maybe I don't get email because they comment on the "hello world" post? I use it as a guestbook and have not made any posts on it yet. So I have just changed the title of hello world to "guestbook".

molgrumx

Reaction score
I just checked with cPanel, the file ".contactemail" is empty. Maybe that's why I don't get any e-mail? Anybody that knows?

molgrumx

Reaction score
Tried to install the Easy WP SMTP. I did a test email and it worked. I logged out and commented on my blog, no email, just "waiting for moderation" :(

Edit: Even tried a password reset request, no email!

Last edited:

molgrumx

Reaction score
Can somebody please help? I'm moving to another site if I can't get this to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.