Can't delte folder or files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrordi

Reaction score
Hello i've some folders/file's that i can't delete. It says that i dont't have premison to do it.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

What is the path to the file you are trying to delete? :)

Thank you,

terrordi

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the path to the file you are trying to delete? :)

Thank you,

/public_html/terrordinky BETA

/public_html/nothing

/public_html/images

These are the files and folders i can't delete.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
In a case like this, I would check the permissions of the folders and their contents.
If they are set to something like 0444, you cannot delete them until you change the permissions to something like 0666 (files) or 0755 (directories).
Drupal, for example, sets the permissions on the settings.php file for security reasons to 0444 which makes it and its folder impossible to remover without changing the permissions.

terrordi

Reaction score
In a case like this, I would check the permissions of the folders and their contents.
If they are set to something like 0444, you cannot delete them until you change the permissions to something like 0666 (files) or 0755 (directories).
Drupal, for example, sets the permissions on the settings.php file for security reasons to 0444 which makes it and its folder impossible to remover without changing the permissions.

No it doesn't matter wich permission i give the files i cant delete them. They still coming back.

caftpx10

Reaction score
So you've tried the permissions that @Angus had mentioned?
What are you using in attempt to delete the files/folders?
I have a feeling that it should be to do with the file/folder ownership (group, user).

terrordi

Reaction score
So you've tried the permissions that @Angus had mentioned?
What are you using in attempt to delete the files/folders?
I have a feeling that it should be to do with the file/folder ownership (group, user).

I use in the CPanel the file manager. But i can't delete some of the file's. I've tried it too with FTP.

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
Can you try using an FTP client to see if it's just the file manager having the issue?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you try again? I have corrected some file permissions on your account. ;)

Thank you,

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I have corrected your file permissions. All files should be 644, and directories should be 755. :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.