Softaculous and WordPress

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatinele

Reaction score
I recently added a WordPress site with help of Softaculous to my existing site http://jatin.elementfx.com/ and that becomes my new site http://jatin.elementfx.com/wp.

My core sites works fine but the new wp site gives me following error.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Could anyone help me with this please?

lucassox

Reaction score
Hello,

Can do you make a manual installation of WordPress from scratch? This error is most likely caused by wrong configured .htaccess file, you may have not all files within WordPress installation or the server is having internal problem.

jatinele

Reaction score
I tried to upload all the files and database from my computer and made all necessary changes to config file as well but still no luck.
Do you have any step to step guide for manual installation?

chatngox

Reaction score
u will need to check your htaccess.
and also setup ftp in cpanel, and use something like filezilla to upload your wordpress files into wp.
then you'll need to remove existing wp installation by softaculous (if any) and re-create a new database and follow wp instructions on how to install it.
hope that helps!

jatinele

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

I had that wp website running locally on my PC.
After updating all files and database to server and making changes to the config file, it doesnt seem to work.

everyone talking about checking htaccess file but no one mansions about how it should look or what should i check for.

Cheers

Last edited:

jatinele

Reaction score
Hi chatngox

Still not able to make it works on the x10hosting.com i had to go to the wordpress.com and I am using their hosting services.

chatngox

Reaction score
I suggest that the name must be same. So if your x10 database named jatinele_something, the localhost version must be renamed to jatinele_something with file explorer (my PC). Then you go and use jatinele_something that you've created on x10 and import there.

Then go to wp_config and give the database name jatinele_something and the password that you've created for x10's jatinele_something. Make sure that an user is attatched to jatinele_something with default checked permissions checked as it is and you should be good to go.
Hope that will help...

jatinele

Reaction score
I dont think I need to change the name of the database on my PC, Do i?

I created a database jatinele_something and a user for that jatinele_something_user from CPanel here.
and imported all the data from my PC DB (somthing)to the jatinele_something.

And changed my config file with jatinele_something, jatinele_something_user and localhost.

I tried with blank WP website as well, but getting same sort of error.

I managed to migrate my wp website to the other host website but dont know why I cant do same on https://x10hosting.com.

Thanks for your help though.

Cheers

chatngox

Reaction score
okay, yeah. it's funny how x10 hosting manges datbases. maybe a staff can help, if you still need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.