webpage not available but can access though file manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicall

Reaction score
My site (radicallife.x10host.com) webpage is not available but I can access the content though the file manager. What gives?
Server x05
It says that the web server is online.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you still having problems? I can see your page just fine from my location. If you're still having difficulties, try running a trace route (open a command prompt and type tracert radicallife.x10host.com). That should tell you where things are hanging up on you.

radicall

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can fix the state of the DNS propagation? Or is that something I need x10hosting to do?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's something only time can heal. From Toronto, everything looks good (on both my wired and wireless carriers); both of my local DNS servers "believe in you", and they can only get that info from x10Hosting, so that much is good. Where the resolution is failing is anybody's guess.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, unless you're talking about a brand-new domain. They do take time to propagate initially. But it's unusual for an existing domain to disappear from view. Something somewhere in the chain between you and x10Hosting has gone horribly wrong - probably a default TTL (time to live) setting on one of the intermediate DNS servers invalidating the record. (I just checked again, by the way, and I'm still seeing your site at your URL.)

jmacx10h

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as radicall. Cannot view my site either, also server X05. But can still access it through file manager.

jmac.x10host.com

My ISP is comcast. I believe that they may be blocking this server as I can access it through LTE on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my wifi.

Thanks

As an edit, I did create my account earlier today, which would help explain DNS issues, however, I could access it on both work internet and AT&T LTE, but not Comcast at home.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lovely. We've had Comcast trouble before 'round these parts. Management will do what they can, but you site owners are going to have to make customer service complaints to get anything really rolling. (Pleas from the owner of the domains or IP addresses that an IP think might be sketchy to "please let our stuff through; we promise we're not sketchy" often go unheeded; paying customers complaining about their own sites being blocked stand a better chance of at least being looked at.)

erpx10ho

Reaction score
Same problem with mine site at x10host.com from Spain.

Internet provider is Vodafone

irinikos

Reaction score
Yes, same DNS problems from Spain, with Vodafone and Orange providers.

Thank you.

radicall

Reaction score
Mine (radicallife.x10host.com) is now saying it is not available in any country as the DNS has a token mismatch.

maaix10h

Reaction score
Same has happened with our site maai.x10host.com. I'm really concerned about this and how it can be fixed quickly.

rodmanjd

Reaction score
Getting same msg's here in Minnesota, USA. Trace route says "unable to resolve target system name". DNS trace has "x" against many locations. My ftp client says "Unable to find ftp host", There's a dns issue somewhere.

iaincol2

Reaction score
I have the same issue here in the UK for a couple of my sites. Both on broadband and Vodafone 4G. Can't access radicall's or jmacx10h either. Clearly a big problem with x10hosting at the moment....

maaix10h

Reaction score
We're in Australia too. It was fine this afternoon, went back this evening to find I couldn't access the site. Luckily am still building site and I did a backup the other day, otherwise we would be in a panic. I hope issue is resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.