Wordpress Multisite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddshdx10

Reaction score
I was wonder If it's possible for me to setup a wordpress multisite network on my free hosting account?

I just need the MS network to host extra WP pages on a subdomain. I am running into problems where even with a *.ddshdyt.com subdomain setup. My subdomains urls all redirects to a page that says "Index of /" even if I have that site setup inside my WP MS Network admin.
Ex. OnTop.ddshdyt.com

ddshdx10

Reaction score

sudomanx

Reaction score
Did you set up the redirects through CPanel or through the .htaccess files? You might want to look at the latter and make sure it is correct for the WordPress setup.

ddshdx10

Reaction score
Did you set up the redirects through CPanel or through the .htaccess files? You might want to look at the latter and make sure it is correct for the WordPress setup.
I am sorry but, can you explain what you mean.. I setup the * subdomain through the CPanel.

sudomanx

Reaction score
.htaccess at root directory handles all the redirects. Changes made through CPanel simply make modifications to the .htaccess file. Maybe something got messed-up somewhere in between?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Are you talking about a catch-all sub-domain or just saying that any sub-domain you try doesn't work?

ddshdx10

Reaction score
.htaccess at root directory handles all the redirects. Changes made through CPanel simply make modifications to the .htaccess file. Maybe something got messed-up somewhere in between?
Are you talking about a catch-all sub-domain or just saying that any sub-domain you try doesn't work?
I am not sure what's wrong but, after looking at multiple guides on how to setup a wordpress multisite and I have read that I need to create a "wildcard" domain so *.ddshdyt.com which the multisite installation can use..

So If I have ontop setup in my network admin ontop.ddshdyt.com would go to a site that's not connected to the main (ddshdyt.com) site. But, If I were to go to example.ddshdyt.com which I don't have setup in my wordpress network admin then it would redirect to ddshdyt.com without the subdomain.

But, in my case ontop.ddshdyt.com or example.ddshdyt.com both go to a page that says "Index of /".

I am sorry if that doesn't make sense.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Where are your sub-domains being pointed towards (directory-wise)?

ddshdx10

Reaction score
If anybody has any more suggestions then be sure to let me know as it would help out a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.